Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Legal highs

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
I've seen a few references to them in the last thread I posted so think it's worthwhile to check in on what you guys know...

Just wondered if any of you have seen our legal high myths article?

http://thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/legalhighs/usinglegaldrugs/toptenlegalhighmyths

Is there anything there you'd challenge?

or anything that surprises you?

Do you feel people you know are more likely to take them than other drugs?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't see the point in legal highs, they are harder for me to get than illegal drugs and I've never had any worth buying. I've done a fair few, salvia, rock star, some party pills etc. etc. but they were all shit.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    There are plenty of legal and semi legal drugs worth doing. 5meo dalt, fly agaric, salvia, peyote, etc

This one in particualar was top quality though i imagine it has now been banned.
    http://www.alibongo.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/magic-11.gif
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    There are plenty of legal and semi legal drugs worth doing. 5meo dalt, fly agaric, salvia, peyote, etc

I thought Salvia was shit, it honestly did nothing to me. The people I did it with liked it though.

I'm sure there's some good ones, but like.. I can't buy them as I'm under 18, and I don't have a debit card so can't buy online, it's just easier to get stuff off a dealer.
    Salvias got to be one of the strongest trips ive had, right up there with DMT. Quality can vary massively though. It is worth buying the extract but if you can get proper salvia you shouldnt need it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Salvias got to be one of the strongest trips ive had, right up there with DMT. Quality can vary massively though. It is worth buying the extract but if you can get proper salvia you shouldnt need it.

Really? I don't know anyone who's full on tripped on Salvia.. my friend said it felt like her teeth were falling out but other than that I don't know anyone who's tripped.
    I can get pure DMT anyway though, well, it's called Pixie Elixir and it's DMT and THC I think, my scientist friend makes it.

Have you done 25-i? I think that was the most trippy thing I've done. Absolutely mental.
    Numb lips? Havnt felt that from salvia. Salvia is definitely one of the strongest trips out there. Anybody that dies it should definitely have a watcher with them. It will leave you stuggling to stand.

I doubt its pure dmt he makes, he probably extracts it, something we used to do when we were in college. Synthesis of dmt is a serious procedure. Really harsh to smoke and like sakvia will knock your socks off and leave you struggling to stand. Worth noting dmt is not legal though like many tryptomines it can be found in all sorts of plants that are legal to buy.
    Weekender Offender 
    He makes it in to a liquid or a tab, it's not smoked. I have no clue how he does it, he makes other stuff too. I'm pretty sure it's all pure though, he has a massive problem with cut drugs etc. I'll ask him.
    DMT is most often smoked because for it to become orally active you have to take it with a MAOI and when you do that your trip lasts for hours rather than minutes, and ai dmt trip lasting hours is too much for most people. And when stored in solution as a liquid degrade quickly unless stored in a freezer.

To synth pure dmt base or salts you'd need degree level chemistry and a serious lab. I did A Level Chemistry back in college and we found it was much easier to extract it from phalaris grass than it was to synth it..
    Weekender Offender 
    I learnt more in this thread than i did reading that article :')

The legal coke like China White + Gogaine are absolutely amazing, well worth the money.
    But your article says that legal highs are cheaper, that's NOT TRUE.

1.7 grams of cannabis is £10 standard, any dealer down here
    1 gram of herbal haze is £14 from both head shops down here.

0.6g of AMT is £12 in a head shop
    1g of Bubble (Mephedrone) is £10

0.5g of Ketamine from a head shop £10
    1.5g of Ket from a dealer £10

I'm just that sorta guy that weighs everything before he buys/smokes/insulflates it.
    DMT is most often smoked because for it to become orally active you have to take it with a MAOI and when you do that your trip lasts for hours rather than minutes, and ai dmt trip lasting hours is too much for most people. And when stored in solution as a liquid degrade quickly unless stored in a freezer.

To synth pure dmt base or salts you'd need degree level chemistry and a serious lab. I did A Level Chemistry back in college and we found it was much easier to extract it from phalaris grass than it was to synth it..

Yea it lasts 8-10 hours and he is a proper scientist. I'll speak to him about it when I next see him, I'm not sure how he does it.
    Shikari wrote: »
    I learnt more in this thread than i did reading that article :')

The legal coke like China White + Gogaine are absolutely amazing, well worth the money.
    But your article says that legal highs are cheaper, that's NOT TRUE.

1.7 grams of cannabis is £10 standard, any dealer down here

0.6g of AMT is £12 in a head shop
    1g of Bubble (Mephedrone) is £10

0.5g of Ketamine from a head shop £10
    1.5g of Ket from a dealer £10

I'm just that sorta guy that weighs everything before he buys/smokes/insulflates it.

Drugs are cheap in Plymouth oh my god!! In my area 0.6g of meow is £15, 0.8g of ket is £20, 0.9g of standard weed is £10!
    Taking dmt orally is complucated. You gave to take it in combination with a MAOI - drugs that can have serious and even fatal interactions with mdma, ssri antidepressants and even sone foods. and dmt orally lasts more like 3-4 hours.
    Dmt orally is serious stuff.
    Weekender Offender 
    Taking dmt orally is complucated. You gave to take it in combination with a MAOI - drugs that can have serious and even fatal interactions with mdma, ssri antidepressants and even sone foods. and dmt orally lasts more like 3-4 hours.
    Dmt orally is serious stuff.

I'm fairly positive it's DMT and THC, the liquid spray version is a nasal spray. You have like the tiniest tiniest bit sprayed up your nose, and it's got alcohol in it just to fill it out kinda thing. No idea how the tabs work I've never done one of those, my ex just told me that the guy makes tabs of it now- they're very good friends. And it definitely lasts longer than 4 hours, I've done the nasal spray a few times. (I'd like to add, he's not a dealer at all and he doesn't do any of this for profit, he just enjoys making drugs and shares them to friends, he wouldn't lie about anything to any of us... he was best friends with my ex boyfriends late father)
    DMT tabs would be ineffective without taking a MAOI first.

I find the idea of making DMT pills rather pointless to be honest. Not sure why you would go to the effort and its much more risky than smoking it vonsidering you have to mess around with MAOIs. What MAOI does he use
    Weekender Offender 
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Herbal Haze is illegal as of today :'(
    DMT tabs would be ineffective without taking a MAOI first.

I find the idea of making DMT pills rather pointless to be honest. Not sure why you would go to the effort and its much more risky than smoking it vonsidering you have to mess around with MAOIs. What MAOI does he use

Honestly have no idea, as I say I've only done the nasal spray and not the tabs. I texted him earlier I'll let you know when he replies :)

I used to live near one of them ;)
    Drugs are cheap in Plymouth oh my god!! In my area 0.6g of meow is £15, 0.8g of ket is £20, 0.9g of standard weed is £10!

Plymouth is a port ;) it's where it all comes in. Plus there's fuck all else to do down here but drugs, drink and fuck degraded girls.
    Plymouth is a port ;) it's where it all comes in. Plus there's fuck all else to do down here but drugs, drink and fuck degraded girls.

You should come to West Sussex. We have expensive and highly cut drugs, shitty beaches, failing schools, and shut down shops.
    East Sussex is slightly better as long as you don't delve below the surface of the tourist attractions.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I thought Salvia was shit, it honestly did nothing to me. The people I did it with liked it though.

There are a million youtube videos showing people in various states of moron on Salvia :razz:

On a more balanced note, the length of the trip seems to be quite random -

Our article says 20-45 minutes, but I've heard people say it's closer to 5. In terms of making a decision as to whether to take it depending on the affects, this seems to be a potentially problematic discrepancy.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Can't tell if your tongue is in your cheek... Is that your main motivation for getting wasted though? Nothing else to do?
    **helen** wrote: »
    Can't tell if your tongue is in your cheek... Is that your main motivation for getting wasted though? Nothing else to do?

The last bit was tongue in cheek, no offence to girls they're not degraded.

But in essence it's all true, i used to smoke weed for depression, but i'm not really hugely depressed anymore, just severely bored with what to do in life, get a 9 to 5, drunk on weekends back to the slave.
    Meet friends, take drugs, get high, sleep with random girls leave and repeat everyday. What's more to life :/ Have kids get bankrupt? Lose your house? Get married and divorced?
    What's more to life Have kids Get married

Yes. With me.

Anyway yea Helen most people I know just take drugs because there's nothing to do in my town, nothing worth spending money on, no where worth going.
    I don't think I've ever taken a legal high, maybe some fauxcaine at some point....
    to be honest I've never really come across them and I avoid psycadelic drugs so have steered cleared of mushrooms entirely.
    I took meow meow (after it became illegal though) and I really did not like it. Just felt like my brain had turned to jelly.
    Drugs are the new oxygen.
    I was definitely skeptic of these so-called "legal highs" so I did a little experiment. I ordered a small batch of bombatic 3g like a week ago and I got it yesterday.

This shit can really trip you up good, that's all I can say. Also, salvia was not as good as these IMO but there you go.