Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Don't want to go back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Starting back at uni tomorrow after 10 days off for half term.

We're officially halfway through the course now but I think the second half is going to be a lot worse than the first... As if it couldn't get any worse!!

There's so much work to do and so much pressure to do it on time and do it well. I have to be observed teaching 4 more times between now and June, I've planned out the weeks I need to do them in but I just feel completely inadequate to teach the subject.

Had three hours sleep last night between going out and work, and felt completely exhausted earlier but now I'm wide awake and feeling sick with nerves, plus my body can't decide if its hot or cold

Don't want to go back but I don't have a choice, if I don't ill fall beind :crying::crying:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It seems to be a common theme with a few people I've known over the years, who are trying to get into teaching, that it can be a bit of a beast to get through the training. What gets me, I know if you are going to be a teacher the training should be tough, but what I keep on hearing from people just makes me think its over the top at times. With my job (the OP knows it), despite personality clashes, if you made the grade you made the grade. Where as with teaching, its almost as if making the grade is purely dependent on if someone does or doesn't have a personality clash with you. Almost as if you can keep on getting pushed and pushed to fail because they want you to fail.

All I can say lexi is keep on working hard and push through it, sometimes stress is a bad thing when trying to make long term decisions. However, ultimately the choice if yours and if you are really unhappy then I wouldnt carry on with something that was bothering me so much.
    Well I already decided I don't want this as a career when I'm done, I just want to finish the course and get the qual, which in a way is even worse cos I'm doing all this for something I don't even want
    Thinking about it is always worse than the reality.

Hope you've had a good gossip and catch up with your classmates today.