Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

SUPER embarassed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

This is so embarrassing and shameful that it's hard to even talk about anonymously... but I'll get right to it. I was visiting my brother (22) at his place a little while ago and we were going to go out with some of his friends (for the record I'm 23). We had a great night out with everyone and when we got back to his place he said I could have his bed while the guys and him crashed on the couches (nice I know). So all was well until I woke up and realized... I had peed the bed. Now i have a pretty serious overactive bladder issue which I take medicine for, but when I drink and therefore don't wake up as easily, I risk this happening (on a regular day I get up 3 times a night to pee). so anyway i PANICKED, but he is in an apartment so I couldn't secretly wash the sheets (no idea where the washers are) and there was no change of sheets. In the end it dried totally clear and there was no smell, so i decided on telling him i spilt some product on his bed and that it's not good for fabric so he should wash it, he said sure no problem. I talked to him the next day and it turned out he never washed it, he said "there was nothing there so whatever." I was SO SO upset, i felt HORRIBLE. i would never want him to sleep there of course, but at that point he had and I was just mortified. So here I am, it has already happened and believe me I wish i had handled it differently had i known what would happen. I love my brother, so please please know I feel terrible. At this point.. do I fess up or try to live with the lie? This may seem silly to everyone but it's eating me up inside since I'm a very honest person... this was just SO embarrassing so I panicked.

I appreciate any feedback on whether to fess up or not.... :( thanks

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure he's washed the sheets by now, I wouldn't worry. If you don't feel comfortable telling him then I wouldn't, I guess it depends how close you are.
  • Options
    it wasnt your fault. Forget about it x
  • Options
    Your pee was so dilute it didn't stain or smell, so what's the problem with him sleeping there? Nothing but an emotional "ugggh!"

Telling him will not change the fact he's slept in it now, all you will do is make him feel "ughhh!" - so don't.

You advised him to wash them, he didn't, your conscience should be clear. Move on.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, I know it seems ridiculous for someone my age, hence why it's so awkward! My big takeaway is don't drink too much because once I'm in a deep sleep I'm screwed apparently. I think that's what I felt so bad about (aside from the obvious), just the fact that had I not been drinking I would have got up like I normally do...

Life lessons :S
  • Options
    If you really want him to wash the sheets but dont want him to know why, go visit him and "accidentally" spill something on them. If he still doesn't wash them then he's obviously a mucky bugger so don't worry any more. If he does wash them, problem solved!