Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

18th Birthday..what did you do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mine and *sophiepea*'s 18th birthday's are coming up, and I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do to celebrate it, I know I wan't a few friends from other cities to come and..do whatever I do.

So, for inspiration...I'd love to hear what you did for your 18th...or what you would do....

Comments

• Options
    i *think* i went to pizza express, but im not sure. That may have been my 21st
  • Options
    Had a big do round my house with friends and family and probably went on a night out with friends as well
  • Options
    Went to a local italian place that didn't have a license so you could byob as most of my friends were still 17. Mum hired a surprise limo ride to take us there and got all my friends round the house without me realising til they were there. Went outside and there was a limo. Got very drunk - spent the day hanging out my arse before he drove us 200 miles back to his. Had to get him to pull into services not long after we left - was ill then I think I slept most of the way down. Woke up, went to burger king, felt better, went to his friends to chill and watch tv. :blush:
  • Options
    ''Reason: Sophie complained about spelling'' LOVE YOU TOO.
  • Options
    Got drunk, consequently cannot remember where and what else we were doing...
  • Options
    I had all my family and adulty friends (like my mum's friends who I'm close to) round for cake and tea and stuff in the afternoon and then I went to the pub with my friends. It wasn't very exciting but it was really lovely.
  • Options
    For my 18th my dad paid for me and few mates (maybe 8 or 10 total) to go to a chinese restaurant and eat ourselves to death.
  • Options
    I genuinely have no idea. Can't have been that special!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    You're making me think that far back :crazyeyes :razz:

Clubbing (at the local dive) with two of my best mates and my sis... And also to the theatre to see Saturday Night Fever. Was fun.
  • Options
    Two of my best friends cooked a meal, then we went on a night out.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Had a BBQ in my back garden, Glasto themed. It always rains in the summer...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It was my first semester at uni and we had a joint flat warming / Halloween / birthday party. Then went up Arthur's seat to watch the sunrise.
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    You're making me think that far back :crazyeyes :razz:

Forgot you was a prehistoric dino helen ;)
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Because of my depression I wasn't into having parties and hadn't had 1 since I was about 10. (until my 21st)
    So for my 18th my parents surprised me. They took me to London for the weekend to see 'We Will Rock You.' The 3 of us had a blast. Great show, went to the zoo and stayed at a hotel. :)
  • Options
    I didn't actually do anything on or a near the day, but I got heavily intoxicated a few weeks before my official 18th (went out with someone who had their birthday that night.) Was my first time drinking out in the town, in clubs etc. alcohol poisoning is not nice. Never got that wasted since! For my 21st though I went to HK.
  • Options
    My 18th was terrible, my girlfriend ran off with another man, turned up at mine in the early hours of the morning, then passed out on my sofa...
    Although technically, 3 months after my 18th, a friend threw a party for me, to be my real 18th. That was quite amazing.
  • Options
    Went to a club for the first time ever because I'm boring and was too scared to try and get in before I was legal. It was fun. Floors were sticky..walls covered in sweat. A proper dive :thumb: