Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anger issues

Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
Not sure if this is even the right section for this...

I half considered creating a new forum ID to make this post with, another way in which I'd be just running away from my problems. So much has gone on in the last couple of years, I don't want to get into it all now but sufficed to say it's getting to me.

The worst thing is the anger and the rudeness with which I talk to people and act around them. People on the phone at work or that I don't know get it the worst. I'll snap at them for things they have no control over because I feel I'm justified to.

My fiancée is getting sick and tired of my attitude as well and I fear she'll break up with me soon if I can't get it under control. I've been to see a councillor but I failed to make a follow up appointment, feeling that re-hashing what is going on isn't really worth my time. (I already know what's going on, what's the point in yet another person sharing my misery, right?)

I've taken to crying up to 4 times a day in recent weeks. My entire outlook seems hopeless. I'm pushing away anyone that might be able to help me. I can't seem to order my thoughts, except when I take drugs but then in the aftermath of those, I become even worse. I can't trust myself to drink any more because when I do, I lose control and say/do things that I can't take back.

I just want all this to go away :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have bad anger problems too, along with other issues. I had a fairly bad drug problem which my mental health worker put down to me subconsciously (sp?) trying to control my moods... I'm on medication now, which regulates my mood and it has really helped. Would medication be an option for you?

I know it seems like a very extreme solution, but it's worked for me. Other than that I don't know what else to suggest, my CAMHS workers never tried anything else, I was just shoved on meds haha. Sorry I can't be of more help!
  • Options
    I've been on meds before, they made me numb and took away every emotion, not just the bad ones. I never want to feel like that again.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I've been on meds before, they made me numb and took away every emotion, not just the bad ones. I never want to feel like that again.

There are always other options. This Mind factsheet is pretty clear about what they are.

Have you spoken to anyone (GP or whatever) about this at all?
  • Options

Ah fair enough, I've been on quite a few different ones and some were horrible so I can understand why you wouldn't want to try them again.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    There are always other options. This Mind factsheet is pretty clear about what they are.

Have you spoken to anyone (GP or whatever) about this at all?
    I spoke to a councillor about everything, but at the time the anger wasn't as big an issue. I'm thinking of going to my GP and asking for a referral to anger management, if that's even an available service =\
  • Options
    Speaking to your GP would be ideal at this stage. I would have considered anger to be a symptom almost of an underlying problem, at least struggling to communicate stresses and strains.
  • Options
    I dare-say it is. The issues at hand are very big and are getting on top of me. I've been finding my memory and ability to articulate my thoughts are also affected as of late, which only make the anger worse!

(Also, fiend I love the new AV/Sig)
  • Options
    It's amazeboobs, I know.
  • Options
    it sounds to me like some kind of therapy would be more appropriate than counselling if you want to focus on making changes rather than just talking. definitely worth talking to your GP & explaining why you didn't get on well with counselling. as piccolo says, medication is by no means the only option (or even the right option). in the mean time maybe have a look online at some CBT resources?
  • Options
    Since my last post, I've had a phone call from the councillor arranging another appointment for next week, I'm going to ask her while I'm there about CBT/Anger Management.
  • Options
    Since my last post, I've had a phone call from the councillor arranging another appointment for next week, I'm going to ask her while I'm there about CBT/Anger Management.

High five.
  • Options
    is there any pattern to it? Is there a specific time of day you find hard, or anything that will usually trigger you?
  • Options
    :wave:

Cbt really helped me with anger/frustration stuff and I managed to get 12 sessions on NHS so definitely worth a shot :)