Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mental health + DLA assessments petition

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys

Just giving this petition a heads up on here. It's about putting an end to those with severe mental health conditions having to endure DLA assessments. They're really not designed for those with mental health problems and it's just crazy that this can be allowed to go on (in my opinion.....).

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/35092

But what do you guys think? Agree / disagree?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree, but I would also add is there much point considering PIP is coming in this year? Its the same problem with fluctuating conditions, the DWP just doesn't get that a good day can be very very different from a bad day.
    I completely agree with those having schizophrenia and paranoid/schizoid PDs...however, 'personality disorder' is too broad a category here.

The government are getting a hard time on the count of fluctuating conditions, and are being urged to proceed with caution. Whether that happens or not, who knows, but it's worth writing a quick letter to your local MP that's for sure.
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I agree, but I would also add is there much point considering PIP is coming in this year?

I honestly have no idea.