Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Love stories, starting with WayneS...

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
For those of you who are general chat regulars, you'll have heard Wayne's love story before...

We really :heart: it at TS Towers and would love to hear lots more like it. We'll pick our fave for a special prize at the end of the week. :thumb:

Once upon a time, my wife had asthma.

She still does.

One day, she had an awful asthma attack.

It was soooo bad she had to go to hospital. They put a mask on her, connected her to all sorts of machinery, and kept her there for days.

Her breathing sounded terrible.

While she was there, I thought about how much I'd miss her if the asthma attack was fatal. This led me to think about how much I loved her.

Another day she came out of hospital.

I contacted a radio station in my area, got them to play Hero, a song by a singer whose name I won't attempt to spell

As this song played, I told her how much I loved her, and that I could be her hero forever. Then I asked her to marry me.

She said yes, enabling us to live happily ever after.

Your turn... :yippe:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My grandad told this story at my Nan's funeral in October...

They were recently married, and on their honeymoon in France. He was riding a moterbike, and she was in the sidecar. They had a "Just married" sign on the side car. My grandad was going quite fast, and suddenly out of no where came what seemed like an entire police force on moterbikes!

My grandad immediately slowed down, and he got pulled over. It turned out, the police just wanted to say congratulations to the "beautiful red haired bikergirl"(my nan).

The police waved them off on their way, and wished them a happy life together :heart:

Not really a "love story" but it is very sweet, brought a tear to everyone's eye at the funeral. RIP Nana.
    Once upon a time I joined a website called TheSite because I felt pretty rubbish about my life.

I realised that within the community were a whole load of people from my local area, and I met up with this girl a few times. She was funny, and sweet, but it wasn't going to work out.

Then I went off to university and drifted. Users came and went, life went on. I got a job, then another one, then was unemployed for a really long time. People kept coming and going, getting married, having babies, most of it passed me by.

Then, one day, I broke my leg. It was a stupid thing to do, and I wouldn't recommend it. But then I started talking about it in chat and on the boards, and it must have been pretty obvious that I was lonely and miserable.

So I started to get PMs from this girl. Fiend_85. We'd always been on friendly-ish terms (barring the odd spat in Politics and Debate), but we got chatting and then started Facebooking whilst she was at work. Then she came over to my house one day, and swept me off my feet with a slap-up lunch at Wetherspoon's (in accordance with the old TheSite mating ritual).

The rest, as they say, is history. (Apart from all the stuff that hasn't happened yet.)

:heart:
    For the record, there was flowers and jewellry too. Not just spoons.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    For the record, there was flowers and jewellry too. Not just spoons.

True. I was simplifying for comic effect. ;)
    I'm looking forward to writing the history
    piccolo wrote: »
    Once upon a time I joined a website called TheSite because I felt pretty rubbish about my life.

I realised that within the community were a whole load of people from my local area, and I met up with this girl a few times. She was funny, and sweet, but it wasn't going to work out.

Then I went off to university and drifted. Users came and went, life went on. I got a job, then another one, then was unemployed for a really long time. People kept coming and going, getting married, having babies, most of it passed me by.

Then, one day, I broke my leg. It was a stupid thing to do, and I wouldn't recommend it. But then I started talking about it in chat and on the boards, and it must have been pretty obvious that I was lonely and miserable.

So I started to get PMs from this girl. Fiend_85. We'd always been on friendly-ish terms (barring the odd spat in Politics and Debate), but we got chatting and then started Facebooking whilst she was at work. Then she came over to my house one day, and swept me off my feet with a slap-up lunch at Wetherspoon's (in accordance with the old TheSite mating ritual).

The rest, as they say, is history. (Apart from all the stuff that hasn't happened yet.)

:heart:

:heart: dawww you two
    Me.

A DVD.

A box of tissues.

The rest is history.
    :heart: dawww you two

Everyone else is doing this::yuck::sour:
    **helen** wrote: »
    For those of you who are general chat regulars, you'll have heard Wayne's love story before...

We really :heart: it at TS Towers and would love to hear lots more like it. We'll pick our fave for a special prize at the end of the week. :thumb:

Oooh!! I was there during this chat....hehehhehe....

The song's Hero by Enrique Iglesias.

It goes.....

I can be your hero, baby.
    I can kiss away the pain.
    I will stand by you forever.
    You can take my breath away.

Its so cute Wayneee :d
    My Parents

My Parents...

My parents met through work, my dad was a chef and my mum was new and becoming a waitress to earn some money, she had just divorced and had 2 young children, they had known each other when growing up, as my mum lived next door to him, and my mum used to baby sit him (shes 7years older than him)

When they realised their love they had both moved apart, they had both grown apart, when my mum became a waitress my dad went to hand her a plate of food for a table and they looked into each others eyes and the rest (as piccolo says) is history, they dated, eventually moved in with each other, then had myself and my younger brother... n then after almost 19 years they got married, my mother and father, tied the knot...

As you know i took it upon myself to make the night memorable, i wrote a speech, along with a poem of my own, i kept it all a secret and stood up to say it in the reception, shocking everyone, both my mum and dad cried, along with almost everyone at the wedding. My brother had done a small speech after the wedding, with a joke...

"Marriage is like a pack of cards, it starts with two hearts and a diamond, and ends with a club and a shovel. Just joking, after 19 years it very clear that they belong together."

I believe this is what love is, everyone coming together to celebrate two people.

I only hope that one day i will find a guy that can be as great as my dad is to us, and that i can be great to him.

Love, is like a bird, it has a better view on the world, it is free and can take u to places you have never imagined and give you experiences you never thought possible... Love opens you soul
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Alas, the Valentine's board has closed its doors again until 2014, but have kept this thread so we can pick our winner - gonna do a vote in TS towers. :yes: