Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Samung TV

smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
Hi sorry didn't know where to post this, the tech sections seems to be know more and haven't been on the site for a while. A friend of mine has a 2-3 year old Samsung tv (possibly series 4) the USB port on the back says service. Does this mean this is only to be used for firmware upgrades? if so is there a way to open it up so it plays video media?

Not sure if there is any techys on this board sorry if i have posted it in the completely wrong place.

Smitherz

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    smitherz wrote: »
    Hi sorry didn't know where to post this, the tech sections seems to be know more and haven't been on the site for a while. A friend of mine has a 2-3 year old Samsung tv (possibly series 4) the USB port on the back says service. Does this mean this is only to be used for firmware upgrades? if so is there a way to open it up so it plays video media?

Not sure if there is any techys on this board sorry if i have posted it in the completely wrong place.

Smitherz

There is a tech board on this forum, but it's beyond difficult to find. I thought they'd removed it too. But they've hidden it, in a sub forum.

Although in answer to your question, as far as I know it can only be used for firmware updates rather than being able to put media into the TV sadly. I did try to do it with my HDTV but sadly to no avail.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Thanks for your reply, i did expect that to be the answer.
  • Options
    If there's a massive card slot on the back of your TV you can use that to play videos though, can't remember the name for it. But they use that slot to play promo videos in TV shops.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure if you read your instructions you'll get a definitive answer :)
  • Options
    Hey smitherz :wave:

The Net & Tech forum is now a sub-forum in Travel & Freetime :)

Just moving this in there :thumb: