Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Children's Markets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
:wave:

I have been set an assignment and the first part is to define the children's market...I did a google search and all its coming up with are websites where parents can sell stuff to other parents for their children...as this stuff is completely irrelevant...does anyone have any suggestions on where to find some "useful" info!?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Is this like a cattle market for buying and selling children?
  • Options
    :lol:

I don't actually know what its asking for!

The overall assignment is to look at the Ice-Cream Market and the things the company should consider to successfully expand into India.

But the first part is asking me to "Define the Children's Market?" and to consider the macro-environmental factors that have changed for the market sector.

It may as well be written in another language because I have no idea what it means!!!
  • Options
    Hiya :wave:

I have done a search for you, and came across this website. I am unsure if it will help you, or what you are looking for but it's worth posting. :)

Sorry if it's not what your looking for. I am confused by what you have to do.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Claire :) Thats helpful in terms of looking at marketing to children but still confused on the definition of childrens market!?! I was wondering whether it meant statistics along the lines of number of children between ages of 0 - 12 now compared to "x" year and so on but even then I don't know how relevant that is!?!
  • Options
    Age specific marketing might be a better search term, unless there is a specific sector you are looking at? That or a nice chat to the lovely people at ONS to see if they can give you some age related retail based stats
  • Options
    Thank you for the link Miss_Riot :) I've now sort of worked out what I am going to put in that section but now confused on the next bit!
  • Options
    Hi WhiteLillies
    It might be a good idea to talk to your tutor in more depth about what they are expecting from you. I agree that it sounds confusing - if none of us quite understand then I think you're totally justified in asking for a bit more direction. Understanding the question is the most important factor in doing well in essays and assignments!
    Good luck!