Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pancake day!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Definitely need a pancake thread.

My housemate and I had 'precautionary pancakes' this evening. (Essentially it was in case we didn't have time for pancakes on Tuesday, but as if I'll let that happen)

Let's talk about how much we love pancakes :p

I like lemon and sugar. I do like other stuff as well, but by the time I've had enough of lemon and sugar I tend to have had enough of pancakes.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm hosting a pancake knit night on Tuesday for my knitting group.

Also recently I made a recipe for american style pancakes - thick ones made with baking powder in - they were delicious with butter and maple syrup.
  • Options
    When I was 7/8 I attended a youth group and on pancake day they would put bowls of everything you can imagine on a table and we got 2 pancakes each...Safe to say everyone was ill that night...But the memories make me smile, Only then can you have Chocolate spread..with marshmallows and sugar and syrup and strawberry laces topped with cream and cherries on a pancake;)
  • Options
    I had pancakes last night :yum: I was craving cakey things, and as a vegan I can't just nip to the shop and buy some so my only option was to have pancakes.
  • Options
    Ham and cheese pancake first, then nutella or lemon and sugar.
  • Options
    Pancake, fill with bolognaise sauce/chilli. cover with a white sauce, sprinkle cheese on top. oven 180c for 20-25 minutes. yum :)
  • Options
    Melted chocolate :yum:
  • Options
    Lemon and sugar or at a push Maple and cream. Anything else is sacrilege.
  • Options
    Always lemon and sugar.

There's a place in France I used to go to that made savoury crepes called galettes (the second picture on this article), which I used to love filled with cheese and mushrooms.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    My grandmother used to make 2 kinds, pancakes, and what we called panquakes -which were basically thick pancakes.
    Fresh from the frying pan, smothered in butter and then rolled in a plate of sugar. :yum: The best!
  • Options
    Pancake jokkeeeee: I can't believe it's pancake day, it just crêped up on me! xD
  • Options
    savoury pancakes are yuck :yuck: I like mine with sliced banana, a sprinkle of sugar and maybe a hint of Nutella. mmmm x
  • Options
    The common room kitchen got turned into a pancake house today, someone went to tesco and bought masses of mini ones and loads of toppings :D
  • Options
    Made scotch pancakes for breakfast, and I'll do normal ones for tea. Maple syrup or nutella all the way :D
  • Options
    Cointreau
  • Options
    Pancake jokkeeeee: I can't believe it's pancake day, it just crêped up on me! xD

heh heh
  • Options
    Pancake day, psch, lame. It is paczki day! Much yummier, and that they are so hard to find any other day makes it even the more special. :yum:
  • Options
    i'm late to responding to this one, but:

my mom had a total nightmare trying to toss the pancakes- everytime she tried, they'd end up too thick and she had to throw the mix away

so, we ended up having them on the thursday in sted, when she actually had a better way of doing it

lol i like mine with sugar and lemmon