Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Having Nobody to Talk With

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wrote before about how I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar, how I got sick and when I was well enough to be social again, people had moved on or were resentful that I wasn't there enough for them when I was ill.

Things haven't changed and people only tend to contact me if they want something. I feel I'm slipping in to another depression, but now I have no support. I am still trying to get my head around dealing with a new diagnosis, but any time I've tried to confide, people make it about them.

I'm going to Buddhist groups and actually having "human" conversations again, but in a personal sense, I'm at a dead end...

I'm not unfriendly... I think that maybe because I used to always listen, maybe I attracted people who only wanna talk.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Namaste wrote: »
    I'm not unfriendly... I think that maybe because I used to always listen, maybe I attracted people who only wanna talk.

people like that are seriously best avoided, few character traits can become so tiresome and irritating so quickly. the hardcore offenders can be truly draining if you're stuck with them for a long period. don't indulge or oblige, disassociate...

the art of good conversation is to act as 'nursemaid' for each other's thoughts and most people do at least to some extent intuitively understand that.
    I can't really offer any constructive advice but this is exactly what happened to me so it's not you. It's people, quite frankly, being cunts. I got sick and tired of having to justify my illness to people. I didn't expect them to understand/empathise etc just realise that i was ill and it limited the things that i could/couldn't do.

I did try, i explained that if someone had a broken leg, you wouldn't ask them to go clubbing or rock climbing, so why (when i said i was ill) did they ask me to do things then get all pissy when i said no.

Eventually i got so pissed off with it all i stopped phoning, visiting people and not one fucker ever contacted me to see if i was ok, it was (as it has been in most of my life) me doing the running around.

I now literally, and i mean literally, have only Leigh in my life. I know absolutely no one on a friend/mate basis i could call, chat to, go and see or even send a Christmas card to.

I'm sure you can do better and as Spliff says you really don't need people like that in your life.

XxX
    It also happens when u have a baby, you realise who actually cares. Some humans are just selfish knobs! :(

Hope ur ok mr xxx