Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

celebrity idols?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
inspired by the other emily on here..

i read in her threads that she likes jessie j, in fact- adores jessie J.

so does anyone have celebrity idols- people they look up to?

i've a few:

ant and dec- ever since i first watched them on i'm a celebrity, i loved their humour.. and now anything ant and dec is like the most awsome thing

emily autumn (yes, another emily!)

she's bipolar like me, and she writes songs about it.. a lot of them really close to home- so i don't feel so alone when i'm listening to her albums

oh- and she also plays the violin.. my fave instrament

elton john- not because of his music, but because of all the work he does for charity.. i think that's awsome

clare richards (used to be in girl band steps). i choose her because for me, she made the 90's... steps were awsome

zack dingle- because he recaptured my love for emmerdale (used to watch it as a kid, but forgot about it)

randy orton (WWE wrestler) just because he's cool, and i think he copes with his life really well- both wrestling, and personal life

cilla black- again, because she made for great tv in the 1990's

the cookie monster (i actually used to have cookie monster cookies). cookies shaped like him.. they were

john tickle (brainiac) because the stuff he does is so outragious! awsome

so their's a few to get started.. i'll come back of course

Comments

• Options
    I would say any celebrity that works or donates money/time to good causes whatever the motive, it is still helping others.

Mainly Bonnie Wright because she's just hot, erm Jane Witherspoon because I've met her before and she is a professional mega Geordie lass who reviews films. I'm not just saying Martyn Lewis because he has involvement with YouthNet, more so I have always watched the news for a lot of my life and he has covered some major stories, and of course he did bring YouthNet to life! There are quite a few I could name, but the other one that stands out for me would have to be Michael Cain for various reasons.
  • Options
    I want to have Jessie J's babies.
  • Options
    JK Rowling for helping to get children reading more with the Harry Potter series

Prof Brian Cox for bringing science to the masses

David Attenborough for bringing the wonders of wildlife and nature to the masses

Jane Goodall - one of the few people to be accepted to Cambridge to do a PhD with no real former scientific education

I prefer admiring people who work hard at what they love and help change the world - if only in small quantities rather than someone who can just belt out a good song.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »

Prof Brian Cox for bringing science to the masses

mmmmmm yes yes science :love:

susan sarandon

kate moss

paloma faith
  • Options
    The hairy bikers, they're fellow northerners and got me into this cooking lark.
  • Options
    For now i guess that it's Demi Lavato :) She's my favorite one.
  • Options
    i forgot to say... michael jackson

when he died it was like my world was emptier than ever
  • Options
    Jesus - because his name is sausage backwards, and that is special.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    David Purley
    George Carlin
    Alexander Shulgin
    Joe Frazier
    Le Tissier
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    David Purley
    George Carlin
    Alexander Shulgin
    Joe Frazier
    Le Tissier

hmm, all people i've not heard of!

interesting
  • Options
    jesus- sausage spelt backwards.

never crossed my mind...

actually, jesus is with a J, and sausage is with a g so...?

but i do see where you are coming from...

i was never that good with word games
  • Options
    I really like holly willoughby. I can imagine her just being my friend haha. plus I'm jealous of her hair and the amount of clothes she gets to wear.

I'm sure there's others but I can't think. Ryan gosling because he is beeeeeautiful.
  • Options
    Apart from my massive obsession with Jessie J which ain't healthy anymore..oops,

I do adore Tulisa from N-dubz. She was a young carer like I was, and she went through depression self harmed and got kicked out of school numerous times, People gave up on her and she gave up on herself. Now she's famous. She's doing everything people said she wouldn't do. She turned her life around and now is successful...
  • Options
    hmmm,

i never knew all that about tulissa.. amazing how quickly your life can change
  • Options
    Kerry Katona :heart:

She's been through a lot and is inspiring for me.
  • Options
    I have massive obsession with Joe McElderry. For those who dont know who he is, he won xfactor 2009 and he won pop star to opera star 2011 he has 4 albums he lives in south sheilds he is 21 22 this year. He is soooo cute look him up and u will see what I mean and listen to his songs from his albums which are wide awake, classic, classic christmas and heres what I believe. :D x
  • Options
    Tulisa: although a bit cackhanded with it, she's clearly not scared of dick. And God loves a trier.
  • Options
  • Options
    http://i30.servimg.com/u/f30/13/50/36/43/65687810.jpg

this is joe mcelderry he is so so adoreable :love:
  • Options
    Accipiter wrote: »
    He's nothing compared to Adam ;)
    umm excuse me love joe is way better than adam ;) hehe. xx
  • Options
    Well I'm very impressed that all that's necessary to be awesome is to be "hot".
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Well I'm very impressed that all that's necessary to be awesome is to be "hot".
    Joe sexy hot and an amazing singer he has a voice of an angel.
  • Options
    Joe sexy hot and an amazing singer he has a voice of an angel.

Hardly...

But it's good that someone who can sing, and is "sexy hot" can top someone like, say, Stephen Fry, who does a lot of work for mental health awareness, is a top actor, and is extremely funny.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz0zrCqUJmQ
    joe singing his new song he wrote him self. Here's What I Believe <3
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Hardly...

But it's good that someone who can sing, and is "sexy hot" can top someone like, say, Stephen Fry, who does a lot of work for mental health awareness, is a top actor, and is extremely funny.
    yeah i know that but i just think that joe is better than anyone but like i said i have a servere obsession with him
  • Options
    Accipiter wrote: »
    In my books, yes. I know I am shallow, etc, but I love a good looking man. Personality takes a back seat. Johnny Depp is awesome and hot, which proves my theory to me in my little shallow universe.

My universe is a good place :naughty:

exactly :) xx
  • Options
    hey.

so, do you have all of jo's albums?

personally the only reason i like him is because he did a version of the climb- you know the meley cyrus song.. but i have not heard any other stuff by him. i don't actually watch or follow, many of the X factor stars- because usually, after a month or so, you don't hear from them. look at shane ward... g 4.. chiko..

i like rowetta the best- from the X factor. she's from manchester and she can really sing

i also like some of little mix's music
  • Options
    lady emily wrote: »
    hey.

so, do you have all of jo's albums?

personally the only reason i like him is because he did a version of the climb- you know the meley cyrus song.. but i have not heard any other stuff by him. i don't actually watch or follow, many of the X factor stars- because usually, after a month or so, you don't hear from them. look at shane ward... g 4.. chiko..

i like rowetta the best- from the X factor. she's from manchester and she can really sing

i also like some of little mix's music
    hiya, yeah i have all of joe's albums i dont normally follow them but he was different and now look at him 4 years later he is still going done 4 albums and going on tours and things. he has done me proud. his version of the climb is the best. you should listen to his other songs like Here's What I Believe from his 4th album. yeah i love little mix but thats because jade is best friends with joe lol. xx