Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

anyone like downton abby?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
this was gonna come sooner or later... a entire thread dedicated to downton abby

anyone like it?

i find it surprisingly entertaining- given what it's actually about
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Yep, I like it.
    Maybe not as much as you. ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and what makes you say that, hun?

you'd be surprised... when it comes down to it, i know very little about the show- i'd probably fail a quiz on it.

though that does not stop me from watching it- and the theme tune is so catchy too!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I quite often work At Highclere Castle, where it is find. They have am interesting Egyptian museum there.
    Weekender Offender 
    i think you mean where it is filmed.....?

that is awsome all the same

what do you do at the castle
    Ive never watched it.
    lady emily wrote: »
    and what makes you say that, hun?

you'd be surprised... when it comes down to it, i know very little about the show- i'd probably fail a quiz on it.

though that does not stop me from watching it- and the theme tune is so catchy too!

Although I like it, if you asked me to name the characters,.....well lets just say I'd give you a giggle. xx :D
    Reena wrote: »
    Although I like it, if you asked me to name the characters,.....well lets just say I'd give you a giggle. xx :D

what do you like about the show?

i won't ask who you like because you wouldn't be able to tell me the people.. but do you have a storyline or something about the show you particularly like
    Not sure. I think it's the story-lines more than anything.
    I really like the film 'Gosford Park,' and stuff like 'Jane Eyre,' 'Wuthering Heights,' 'The Rag Nymph.' And sometimes I can get really into them, but other times, even if I like it and I'm following it not everything sinks in.
    I like the fact they used some of that (filming location) manor house's real stories. xx
    well i think you will be pleased to hear that their's going to be a new series of downton abby this year..

as for the other things you mentioned, i actualy love jane air too (yes i spelt air wrong, before someone jumps on me about it) or i think i did anyway.

jane air is a good film- any films like that are good.

period dramas i think is the correct term for movies like that
    lady emily wrote: »
    well i think you will be pleased to hear that their's going to be a new series of downton abby this year..

as for the other things you mentioned, i actualy love jane air too (yes i spelt air wrong, before someone jumps on me about it) or i think i did anyway.

jane air is a good film- any films like that are good.

period dramas i think is the correct term for movies like that

I think you're right. (: xx