Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

six nations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Farrell for the absolute fucking win.
    Win win win
    Wish they broadcast the women's games somewhere, though. England women v Scotland women was 76-0. That's a game I'd have liked to see.

Wonder if we should start a thread on mainstream representation of women's sports... :chin:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Dont care much for Womens Rugby or Football. Do not find it as entertaining.

Women's Tennis and Hockey though - much better than the mens.
    Weekender Offender 
    piccolo wrote: »
    Wish they broadcast the women's games somewhere, though. England women v Scotland women was 76-0. That's a game I'd have liked to see.

Wonder if we should start a thread on mainstream representation of women's sports... :chin:

You reckon? Sounds like a whitewash. Much as it's always good to see the scots beaten, I prefer watching tight matches.
    I actually got into watching womens cricket when I was out in Afghanistan, when I was in the makeshift office at one point it was the only thing on, and well, it was no different than mens cricket.
    You reckon? Sounds like a whitewash. Much as it's always good to see the scots beaten, I prefer watching tight matches.

That's a good point. But something picc said earlier made me think "what if they hadn't televised any of the womens events at the olympics"
    Oh I wasn't justifying them not televising it at all - it should definitely be on something, somewhere.

Just if I knew it was a score like that I wouldn't hunt it out to watch if I missed it live, whereas if I know there's been a tight match then I do.
    Just if I knew it was a score like that I wouldn't hunt it out to watch if I missed it live, whereas if I know there's been a tight match then I do.

Yeah I get that. The France - Italy game was intense in the last few mins (which was all I saw) so there was some really good play.

Still, there's an element of Schadenfreude... that, and it shows that the England women's team are capable of good rugby and deserve the audience.