Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cats worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if this thread should be in Health& Wellbeing but i'm posting this here so if mods want to move it please do so. :)

I'm really worried about my cat:chin: She is peeing alot these last 2 or 3 days i think and today i caught her peeing in the sink twice.

She used to pee alot before. She did it for a few days and than she stopped peeing alot, now she's doing it again.:yeees: I'm really worried and if she keeps peeing alot i'm going to take her to the vet, but i taught that i will post here first. My cat isn't an easy one to take to the vet.

Does any one expirienced something like that with their cats ?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    maybe a urinary tract infection? i guess there's no way of knowing until you take her to the vet. i would, especially if you're worried. you know your kitty best :)
  • Options
    Maybe your right clementine :) I never taught of an infaction:banghead:
  • Options
    My cat goes through phases of using the sink as her litter tray. I was told to try moving her tray somewhere quiet and keeping her food away from her litter tray as cats don't like eating near muck. But if she's peeing a lot it could be an infection, is she crying when she does?
  • Options
    I taught about that ballerina, maybe it's the litter tray because it's in the hall way but she doesn't mind that. She usually uses it normally.
    No she doesn't cry when she pees. I think it's an infection though.
  • Options
    Is she elderly or quite a nervous cat? Could be in response to being frightened or agitated
  • Options
    No clementine she's still young about a year and a half i think. She get's scarred sometimes but i don't think that it is that the problem.
  • Options
    Excessive weeing can be two main things

is the spot she wees about the size of a 50p or smaller, does she lick herself a lot 'down there' ? is she avoiding drinking ? signs it could be tract infection

is she drinking a lot, looking/acting woozy, drunk, stumbly ? signs it could be diabetes

best bet is go to the vet as either conditions, left untreated, are fatal.

of course, she could just be drinking a lot and weeing a lot coz she's on a detox programme :)
  • Options
    Take your cat to the vet.