Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fruit juice mixers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need some ideas on what fruit juices taste good with what. When i go out all i drink is something with coke and its getting quite boring, not to mention too much sugar and it makes me feel all bloated.

I like drinking spirits, so jd, malibu, southern comfort, archers etc. Any ideas on what goes with what, ive heard cranberry and malibu is nice, and if there are any interestnig combinations i dont know about

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I need some ideas on what fruit juices taste good with what. When i go out all i drink is something with coke and its getting quite boring, not to mention too much sugar and it makes me feel all bloated.

I like drinking spirits, so jd, malibu, southern comfort, archers etc. Any ideas on what goes with what, ive heard cranberry and malibu is nice, and if there are any interestnig combinations i dont know about

Thanks!

Fruit juices are just as sugary, fyi. I usually have lemonade when I drink (even when I'm not drinking I'll go for that over Fanta even though I prefer it) and for some reason I always feel like it tastes less sugary and...sticky I guess.

Anyway! I don't do JD or Malibu, but Archers and lemonade is yum, and SC with Sprite (so lemon/lime) is om nom nom. I'm trying to imagine either with juice and failing (although I think Archers and cranberry can be done but I've not tried it). Otherwise you can do vodka with everything under the sun.
    Ta, yea i couldnt think of anything past those either, and i dont like vodka, it is the devils drink!!!!
    Malibu is good with pineapple juice or the mango J20. JD and apple juice is meant to be good, it's also good with ginger ale.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It sounds bizarre but archers and orange juice is really yummy. I was unconvinced until I tried it and was instantly converted.
    Malibu and orange juice.
    Archers and pineapple juice.

Also, coke and orange juice is excellent. No one believes me, but it's true.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    piccolo wrote: »
    Archers and pineapple juice.

Also, coke and orange juice is excellent. No one believes me, but it's true.

I believe you, and so does Germany: they sell orange coke!
    plugitin wrote: »
    I believe you, and so does Germany: they sell orange coke!

Yes! I saw that when I was in Germany. I don't like coke... but that was nice!

On the mixer front, cranberry juice and apple sours :yum: Learnt this one at uni.
    it's not fruit juice but malibu and milk is lush
    grace wrote: »
    it's not fruit juice but malibu and milk is lush

oooh yes I've had that its nice, thanks for the suggestions guys, will make my nights out a bit more interesting
    If you have a mixer, making juice with this as the base :
    some canned blueberry juice, a bananas, and some ice cubes. You can then add lemon juice, or a few berries, or a bit of pawpaw or apple, or fact : blueberries, pieces of apple. Or try combinations of other things.