Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how did everyone come up with their username?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry to hear that rubber skin

can't have been nice for you
    My username in chat though is something completely different to what it is on the boards.

Although its different everytime I use chat it usally starts of as "NotBobNinjaDog" and then some random crazy shit at the end (usually to do with jessie j ;) ). I came about that username, because...I wanted to come in chat under a username and talk about sensitive problem. I didn't want anyone to know it was me..so I put "MyNamesNotBob" because..well my name ain't bob aha, but then i lied the username so i stuck with it..then I got a dog..and i used to show helen pictures of max, she suggested i put 'dog' in my name, so It became MyNamesNotBobDog. Then I became a ninja running for the charger so my laptop didn't die..Thenn helen..again, suggested I just became NotBobNinjaDog...

although it looks like ive typed random words, there is method in the madness
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Isn't it obvious, I'm an Angel ;)
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    My friend jokingly used to call me a 'flake' at college. We'd recently discovered Megadeth at this point, Flake_Mustaine made him laugh, and so that's what I ended up keeping :D That was very nearly ten years ago.. :chin:
    it's been so long I had to rack my brains a bit! pretty sure Firenze was the name of something from Harry potter but it was already taken so I added firey on the front :)
    it's been so long I had to rack my brains a bit! pretty sure Firenze was the name of something from Harry potter but it was already taken so I added firey on the front :)

One of the centaurs, yo.
    yeah I thought so, I remembered it was some kind of horse related character. been ages since I read them.
    I was thinking for a nick name and in my head it comes Pink Girl.:D And it was a good one because i love pink as well:love:.
    I have Shikari tattooed in 2 inch wide letters up the side of my arm.
    Shikari wrote: »
    I have Shikari tattooed in 2 inch wide letters up the side of my arm.

Is there a story behind the tattoo? :)
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Is there a story behind the tattoo? :)

There's a band called enter shikari that he loves :p

(Pretty sure that's the reason?)
    There's a band called enter shikari that he loves :p

(Pretty sure that's the reason?)

That and I'm half greek, and it's my middle name.

Translated to English it means "The Hunter" or "Hunter".
    Pic cos it's related:
    m8mtt1.jpg
    It's only your middle name because you changed it :razz:
    I changed my last name, but i didn't pick either ;)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Shikari wrote: »
    That and I'm half greek, and it's my middle name.

Translated to English it means "The Hunter" or "Hunter".
    Pic cos it's related:
    m8mtt1.jpg
    Are you making that up?
    "Shikari" is not Greek, in fact it's probably Indian. And in Greek, your arm reads "sifkthrf", with "th" as in "there".
    Are you making that up?
    "Shikari" is not Greek, in fact it's probably Indian. And in Greek, your arm reads "sifkthrf", with "th" as in "there".

A quick google tells me that Shikari is a hindi term for big game hunter, from a persian root.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    A quick google tells me that Shikari is a hindi term for big game hunter, from a persian root.
    Are you making that up?

I couldn't really care either way.
    I don't know why you'd go out of your way to try to disprove what I've said. Or try and make it seem wrong.
    Like i said, I'm half greek, it's my middle name and it's my favourite band. The letters are greek, and the meaning may be hindi, it may mean nothing. But to me it means "hunter"... To say I'm making things up is rather annoying.
    I think it's more because Indrid is Greek ;)
    Good for him :)
    Why do i always end up derailing threads.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS1FYjLFavYzb9NKUTF4zXtB_9lJ6e1nWeM9uhX_rnlL76Wbtt
    I'm only saying that both the way "Shikari" sounds and the letters on your arm are nonsense in Greek, so if you're saying it means anything then someone lied to you (or you to us).
    Light at the End of the Tunnel was too long, and I'm not light, in fact I'm the size of a house, so Lighthouse seems ironic. Also, I have a message I need to send. out, to save a friend from the rocks, but she's not hearing me, so I hope she'll see my messages and believe in my support.

Ohhh! I thought you just liked Florence.
    I'm only saying that both the way "Shikari" sounds and the letters on your arm are nonsense in Greek, so if you're saying it means anything then someone lied to you (or you to us).

From what I can tell his favourite band is Shikari and he's half Greek so he swapped in letters from the Greek alphabet that looked like the ones they were to replace. I'm not sure he ever meant it to mean anything in Greek.

Tattoos, man. They're a minefield. That's why I've only got I (heart) Mom across my back. Lovin' Mom is always in fashion and not at all fickle.
    Poor Indrid. I can see how people phoning in greek can get annoying, just like how Asian people laugh when they see a tattoo or something in their language - especially when it means nothing, or something other than what the silly person thought it meant.

I chose my name because I'm uncreative.
    my name wrote: »
    Poor Indrid. I can see how people phoning in greek can get annoying, just like how Asian people laugh when they see a tattoo or something in their language - especially when it means nothing, or something other than what the silly person thought it meant.
    I'm not annoyed, I'm just wondering if I misunderstood (like the coat hanger suggested), if that poster is making things up or if he got tricked.
    I'm not annoyed, I'm just wondering if I misunderstood (like the coat hanger suggested), if that poster is making things up or if he got tricked.

... I'm not being funny, but why would he make up something like that?!

Basically, one of his faverouite bands are called Enter Shikari. The band use Greek letters in the font of their name. The word Shikari also means hunter, maybe not in Greek but that's what it means.

Now lets all stop nit picking at every tiny thing Shikari says shall we? :thumb:
    ... I'm not being funny, but why would he make up something like that?!
    /me shrugs
    Why do people make up any kind of other stuff on a forum? Most of them are just as pointless.
    Mine is a song title by Spill Canvas :)
    It's my name. Near enough, anyway!
    was a pretty hardcore pothead when I joined. as much as that hasn't changed, 'spliffie' sounds like the username of a crusty hippie with dreadlocks...which I'm not.