Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Asking a guy out...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, relationships (especially starting them) are not my strong point... and well there is this guy I have met once (recently) through a friend. We have text frequently since (small distance issue) and well I think I want to ask him out for a drink or something similar.

Think is I don't know how to phrase it really, in fact some people seem to think the girl should wait for the guy to ask them but what if he is just as bad as me with things like this?! :blush:

Hmmm... ideas? It wouldn't be anything too serious as I have plans to go abroad for a while but it'd be good to see what happens.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So, relationships (especially starting them) are not my strong point... and well there is this guy I have met once (recently) through a friend. We have text frequently since (small distance issue) and well I think I want to ask him out for a drink or something similar.

Think is I don't know how to phrase it really, in fact some people seem to think the girl should wait for the guy to ask them but what if he is just as bad as me with things like this?! :blush:

Hmmm... ideas? It would be anything too serious as I have plans to go abroad for a while but it'd be good to see what happens.

Thoughts?

Just text him and ask him.

"Fancy meeting up for a drink sometime" would do the job :thumb:
    I did think of that but wasn't sure if there was a better way! Now to find the right time :/ eeee
    I did think of that but wasn't sure if there was a better way! Now to find the right time :/ eeee

Better way like what?

How about right now? :yes:
    I dunno, a better way than just putting: "Fancy meeting up for a drink sometime". I really suck at this! ok, we are in the middle of a conversation so I will see if I can put it in to one of the messages :) guess I have nothing to loose!
    I dunno, a better way than just putting: "Fancy meeting up for a drink sometime". I really suck at this! ok, we are in the middle of a conversation so I will see if I can put it in to one of the messages :) guess I have nothing to loose!

I do too (the few times i have done it) which is how i know if you just take the bull by the horns and ask him he will probably appreciate it!

BTW i doubt he would be texting you back and forth if he wasn't a little bit interested :d
    that's very true, I guess :)
    slip it in, subtly direct conversation towards what both of you have planned or is upcoming...then throw in an invite offhand, as an afterthought.
    why is it so hard?! (no innuendo intended...)
    why is it so hard?! (no innuendo intended...)

Because right now you are probably getting on like a house on fire and you don't want him to say no/for it to get weird.

But if you ask now, you will know one way or the other when you wake up in the morning. Sound good?
    yeah it does, and it is logical, but.....
    yeah it does, and it is logical, but.....

Yeah I'd be bricking it in your shoes aswell. I know it's not as simple as i made it sound! But I hope you do it anyway...

Good luck :-)
    ahhhhhh message sent, scared doesn't even cover it.
    ahhhhhh message sent, scared doesn't even cover it.

And....?
    He said yes :)
    Thanks for the encouragement :)
    He said yes :)
    Thanks for the encouragement :)

And my work here is done...

Enjoy :-)
    Lol, hopefully! But all this so close to bedtime has made me more awake and excited and dammit I want to sleep!
    yaaaaaaayyyy!!
    If it's any help, and this is of course broadly speaking, most if not all the blokes I know would be flattered if the woman made the first move. No not just sexually (although we probably wouldn't complain) but arranging a date or getting your number. A lot of society seems to say it should be the bloke who makes the first move and I get that, but that doesn't make it any easier for us - we're just as nervous and shy as you can be.

If I was single/looking and a woman came on to me that way I'd be massively impressed. Obviously no guarantees I'd accept...but I would be impressed.

Hope it all goes well :)
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :yippe:
    Pro tip from a male: It's always a bonus if a girl asks you out, don't be shy.