Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how are we all feeling today? (daily mood)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'll post the scale i use on other sites and you can just reply telling me how you all are doing relating to the scale

1 - Horrible, the worst, hopeless, not functioning, extremely
depressed; Hospitalization needed

2- Not much better, barely functioning, very depressed;
Wondering "What's the point?"

3- Low level functioning, still so depressed

4- Feeling okay, getting by, yet could be better; Not
coping up to par, but not quite as depressed

5- Satisfied, functional, not feeling depressed, but not
feeling great either! There is hope!

6- Starting to feel more stable, a little more energy and feeling
like joining in life again!

7- Feeling okay! Pretty good, actually! Hopeful!

8- Great! Very Happy! Things are going well.

9- Fantastic, stable; Excellent; Life is good.

10-Feeling confident and competent! I can do anything!
***i'd put myself at a 3 today

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    hey lady emily,
    This looks interesting - it would be good to get a sense of how it's used on other sites and what you think people can get out of reflecting on their mood in this way? :)
  • Options
    1.75 cause I'm awkward ;p
  • Options
    I guess i am 3 and 4. :/
  • Options
    Morning lady emily, - I feel like i would be sitting at a 5 today and am really hoping yours might make it there today to.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Totally a 7 ;)
  • Options
    7. work was fun and wednesdays are always the worst day of my week, and now it's over :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    hey lady emily,
    This looks interesting - it would be good to get a sense of how it's used on other sites and what you think people can get out of reflecting on their mood in this way? :)

well helen,

when it was first used, it was a sort of rough chart for the bipolar members of a forum i was on to track how they were doing- and what they'd do is post how they were doing (like you guys are now), then they'd post how they think they could improve on that to get it a little higher- so naturally back then the scale was diffrent or at least a little

then my friend shirley asked if she could use it for her MPD group (so i allowed her ) and she just changed some of the scale

after that it just became a tool used for depression sufferrers, again to track mood.

since then where ever i go i post it- just so people can track how they are feeling

i think the benifits of this, are not only so members can put their mood in to perspective... it's okay saying- i feel rubbish, i don't feel well at all, but i feel it's diffrent with something like this in front of them... they can actually think about it more- and the impact it has.

also, it can have personal use.... me, for example, i've used it for a mood chart in some therapy sessions (and any of you are welcome too as well)