Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hello from a girl with a lot of issues..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi everyone!

first off, let me say what an honour it is to finally post here- i joined the website over the weekend, but my activation email got lost. lol. but it's all sorted now!

so a little about me then:

i'm emily, and i live in the UK. my username, lady emily, comes from my love for downton abby (i love the show!) and have seen all episodes right up to now and have all the dvds...

i also enjoy music, chatting online, other tv shows (reality tv, quiz, animation), reading some, and also playing online games a lot.

as for why i joined, i've reached a stage in my life where i'm not suure what i even want anymore, even what's worth the fight

diagnoses:

bipolar (since a young age)

borderline personality disorder (again, since a young age)

i'm also bound to a wheelchair because... well, because of failed attempts at ending my life- and it's got to the stage where i need constant help.. from simply things like sitting up right in bed, to getting my food/ drink etc so yes.. daily life is quite challenging!

it does not help me, that no matter how many diffrent meds i try- it never seems to work (omg it takes ages to find something that you feel okay with!)

my support system is not that great, my brother's awsome with me.. and also some of the people that live in our street- the rest of my family want nothing to do with me (sad i know, but that's how it is!)

my days are spent lying in bed, watching my dvd collection, or playing some game online... ever since i was chucked out of school for well, bad mental helath- let's put it that way, things have really taken a turn for the worse..
i also struggle with emotional eating, but not as much lately
forum wise, i've been on others- but they are either too quiet (so when i need to talk no one is their) or they are to busy and i can't keep up- so let's see how we do with this?

i doubt you'll see to much of me... some days i barely have the motivation to turn my computer on

but when i'm here (if you've not figured out by now) i talk for england- so i'm sorry if this is too long

can't wait to meet you all and maybe participate in a few chats

hugs

lady emily...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    heyy

Heyy

Welcome enjoy :D u will love it on here

*hug*
    Here the link of where u can put about ur brothers

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/88-Sex-amp-Relationships
    Im New too

so far, I really like it and I hope you do too. :) I am schizophrenic an I know what it's like to have a disorder. I'm glad you are able to access a computer! the sit is great an You can find a really good support system!:)
    wishing you the best,
    Bethany.
    Iam glad that ur love the site :) keep us posting :D

We are happy to help u both

We also have chat tonight if u would like to come along to it and get to know and say hi

Here the link

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/156117-General-Chat-This-Monday-Evening-7-until-8-PM
    thanks everyone, you 2 seem nice!

hugs..

as for the chat, well, i've never actually been in a real live chat room- so providing i can get in (not so good at technology) i may see you their- but if not then i'm here to talk via pm anytime
    Its brillent in chat u love it everyone lovley :) everyone will help u aswell as the boards :)

Here the link to get in

http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Then put ur name in and then press enter : its not open yet till 8

It tell u when chat open and what eles we have on too

I think we have book club tonight too at 7- 8 then support 8-10
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Just general chat tonight, then support I believe heather :) welcome to the boards :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Lady Emily,

I adore the name :) - Sounds very rich class, welcome to TheSite.org boards, we are glad to have you as a member, and a massive well done on reaching out for support on here, you've taken a massive brace step, you should be proud of yourself. I'm glad you found the activation E-mail, eek, can be frustrating loosing it, best to always check spam though ;) But, glad you found it.

Never been entertained by 'Downtown abbey' I guess shows like that, are just not for me, haha, more of a Big Bang Theory person, myself, haha, but I don't own all the CD's - As much as I love Sheldon Cooper, haha ;)

You'll find lodes of members on here who have a passion for music, including myself, what type of music do you enjoy? Mine varies a lot, their just a vast majority of music our their at the moment, but edging towards Maria Mena, as I adore her voice at the moment. But you know when you listen to a song over and over again, and get fed up of it? I think that's what might happen, haha! Do you have a favourite artist or band?

Sounds like things are quiet difficult for you at the moment, virtual *hug*'s! I'm glad you have supportive neighbours, and a supportive brother, you also have us now, and we are glad to have you :) a member on here, posted a thread about Mental Health and family, that you might be interested in, maybe, worth checking out and reading the reply's - Mental Health and family

And, don't apologize for having a long post, were proud of you for being able to write it out, well done :) I do hope to see more of you in the upcoming future though, and reach out to the support around you, it's a lovely environment, and we don't all bite. I do hope to see you in chat soon though!

Once again, welcome to TheSite.org
    *hug*'s!
    Hi Emily!

I am a newbie too, and I reckon we'll find this place helpful! I have PD too (OCPD - a cluster C) - I really hope that you have ways to cope with everything that you experience...and hope that you do manage to stumble along here someday soon :)

I have never seen Downton Abbey...I reckon that makes me one of the few! I really have yet to find out what all this fuss is about - I have even watched one episode!

Chatting for England is a good thing - sometimes just letting the keyboard take over feels pretty awesome afterwards :P

Take care Emily, and I hope to see you around here soon!

Whirlpool x
    thanks, angel!

downton's not for everyone... in fact i've even got the - what's so exciting about watching people eat for an hour?. eat, get changed, talk about an estate, etc?. a lot of people i know just don't get it... and to be honest, i'm not sure why i'm such a fan of it either- i just am!. well their's nothing wrong with that.

music wise, i enjoy most music... i am a massive torie amos fan, also quite a bit of top 40 music, 60's stuff (mainly because of the movie girl interupted) that's what got me in to that, country, rock, showtunes, easy listening, lots of variety in my musical taste

you?

i hope to be around a lot too!. right now, i'm feeling really guilty for trying.. and failing to actually interact in chat- everyone must think... omg what a spammer. diving in and out of chat like that- what's wrong with her?

anyway gonna play some video games with my brother.... chat to ya in an hour or so (if you're about!)
    Watching people eat for an hour, actually seems quiet interesting, things like that interest me, just off 'Downtown Abbey' - It's good to have things to be interested in ;)

I adore the movie 'Girl Interrupted' - Really good, I loved the dramatic end to it to! Haha :') It was really expressive in a way to. Music wise, I like Green Day, Meria Mena, Lana Del Rey, lodes, just a wide range really!

Was positive to see you enter chat, we didn't think you were a spammer, that was general chat, and we just assumed you had technical issues and couldn't see what everyone else was writing, I'm guessing? I'm not to sure, best to just clear out histories and cookie date and try it that way, and yes, hope to chat to you in a bit, always a PM away to, always up for random natters ;)
    i totally forgot about lana del ray, she's awsome too!

i ordered her album for christmas and it is really good

she just has 1 of those voices.. you'll know it's her no matter what she sings- her voice is like no other artist i know out their.

great you liked girl interupted, did you ever see my sister's keeper, it's kind of a funny story, or to save a life?

glad you didon't think badly of me coming in and out of chat.. it did cross my mind.

my problem was all the tool bars were in the way and i couldn't get rid of them- i really don't think i'm going to bother with chat... i've enough stress as it is with out trying to get technical.. i was told once, only do what you think you can handle- so that is how it is going to be.

whirlpool, thanks for the welcome too!. yes i hope we have fun here
    Hey lady emily :wave: Welcome to TheSite:)
    pink girl, you have me curious... it says below your name you are from malta.

what is it like over their?

how is the weather and life in general

it's nice to listen to stories about other cultures.. as i've never left the UK myself, and i find it facinating to hear what people have to say
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Hi hun. :wave:
    You talk for England? I talk for Wales. :thumb:
    How big is your DVD collection? xx
    Hey, welcome...

I'm not going to write you a huge essay like everyone else cause I'm to lazy to do that. We have the same name. Pretty cool ;)

Hope you feel welcome here and stay with us..the majority of us are awesome;)
    my dvd collection is big... takes up around 6 full length shelves

though my cd collection is far bigger- in fact i struggle to find places for them all at times. lol

yes other emily, that's awsome we both have the same name- where are you from?
    Crummy old region of yorkshire
    lol you don't like it?

i used to watch heartbeat and i believe that was from their.. or somewhere near by anyway

and i used to know a cool guy from huttersfield who was very funny- it's not that bad!
    Welcome to the boards Emily :wave:
    I used to pronouce heartbeat as herbert when i was little. so everyones called it herbert since then..
    lol!

you've given me a great idea for a thread..- things we used to say when we were little.

bet we all had some, right?

1 of mine... i used to call my dummy a doe doe- which was weird
    I called a dummy a doe dee
    lady emily wrote: »
    i totally forgot about lana del ray, she's awsome too!

i ordered her album for christmas and it is really good

she just has 1 of those voices.. you'll know it's her no matter what she sings- her voice is like no other artist i know out their.

great you liked girl interupted, did you ever see my sister's keeper, it's kind of a funny story, or to save a life?

glad you didon't think badly of me coming in and out of chat.. it did cross my mind.

my problem was all the tool bars were in the way and i couldn't get rid of them- i really don't think i'm going to bother with chat... i've enough stress as it is with out trying to get technical.. i was told once, only do what you think you can handle- so that is how it is going to be.

whirlpool, thanks for the welcome too!. yes i hope we have fun here

How can you possibly without doubt forget about Lana Del Rey, her Albums are amazing, that Album did you grab, 'Born to Die' etc...She has a voice that's somewhat calm and relaxing, and something worth listening to, I must admit that, her voice is honestly beautiful, have you ever heard Maria Mena or Eva Cassidy at all? Their voices are amazing to :) Worth a listen I think.

I've seen, 'My sisters keeper' - Such a beautiful, sad film, honestly wanted to leave me in tears by the end, what did you think of it? And I've also watched 'It's kind of a funny story' - Very expressive movie, but I don't think it actually shows the reality of real life, but very expressive and shows a bit of depth, beautiful to, and I would watch both them again, any time, if I had the time to, haha, I've never watched 'To save a life,' what's it about? :)

I think we all have technical issues in the moment, haha...I hope you manage to get it sorted though, always a positive to play the hockey kockey (in out in out, you shake it all about), when you are new to chat, haha! What are you using the chat on? Laptop, I'm guessing? Haha, technology can be confusing, but you won't learn much unless you are willing to get out that comfort zone and give god knows what a go, just try not getting viruses ;)

I've never had the issue of the tool bar in the way, I'm not to sure what you mean by the tool bar, actually, will check that out next chat, I think I know what you mean, wasn't their an X key or close key? How odd O.o - Worth taking a print shot and asking the technical people on here, haha ;)

Seems like you're settling in to the site quiet well, it's lovely to see you posting around :) Already 47, posts :')
    i can't help but post... you're all so nice!. and that includes the moderator helen.. you couldn't find a nicer moderator anywhere i don't think. alwas open to your comments and suggestions

nah i use a desktop, never really got on with laptops for some reason!. using windows 7

i did post a message in the tek forum about the tool bars, but as yet no response.... guess it's a rare problem?. so rare no one knows the anser. lol

i've heard of maria mina, i have her album called apparently un affected- it's really nice.

who is eva casedy?. educate me!

as for my sister's keeper, i was let down by it to be honest. i honestly expected more from it.. the way it was told to me, and the way the film actually went... 2 diffrent things

**possible triggers ahead***

to save a life, let me try and describe you the movie... a lot happens in it

so it foccusses on this teenage boy, jake. and his best friend, rodger.

rodger kills himself (we don't actually know why rodger took his life) and the film starts at his funeral. as you could probably gather, jake's devistated.. and does not know how to handle it

so anyway he goes to this party and meets this girl, amy.. and you could say they become colledge sweethearts- they are really close and stuff.

as the film progresses, 1 of jake's other friend (who works in a church) advices jake that in order to try and get over rodger, he should become a christian.

so he goes to these christian meetings twice a week... and 1 day he's coming out of the meeting and amy's standing their

she says to him.. look, you can't have both- it's either me, or the christians

a long conversation follows in which they both cry and amy drives away leaving jake standing outside the church

jake calls his friend who picks him up from the meeting and drives him back- on the way back they talk about christianity, and if jake thinks he did the right thing.

next day jake and amy meet up again, and amy confesses she's something to tell jake... she's pregnant, and she wants to give up the child

jake tells her, listen.. it's both of our choices- can't we keep it?. we'd be great parents

amy says she's not ready to be a mother, and anyway it's not jake's kid, it's her body, leave her alone..

so when he gets home, jake realises no one is in the house apart from the mom who is crying and tells jake, that her and dad are getting a divorce.

so he's up in his room wondering what to do, when he gets some exciting news... he's been invited to travel up to detroit, to take on a more advance university course

so he's torn between what he should do... should he go to detroit (and do the course, it would mean a good job etc) or shiould he stay and help amy- because even though she does not want his help, he wants to help her

anyway he prays to god to help him decide, but to no avail

in desperation, jake bombs the school- and while everyone is searching for who did it, jake's running down to the main road to end his life

but who should stop him but amy... she runs down and tells him, this isn't the right thing to do- come back to the field

so he does, and while he's on the feild.. amy gives birth (yep, gives birth on the field)

as predicted, they are both in tears- and they end up seeking an adoption family for the kid

as for jake?

he eventually does his course, and he moves in with amy... so it all works out in the end

the film is about 2 hours, and their's a lot more detail in it.. the flashbacks jake has of rodger's death, the bits in between- how jake's friends react to him with amy, etc etc.. but i've tried to talk about the main parts

hugs xx
    Yes lady emily i am from malta. :) These days it's really cold :)
    It's a small country. You can go anywhere you want in 1 hour not like other countries where you have to travel for a long hours. :)
    I don't really like the city that i live in most of the time because we don't have any big shops all we have is restaurants :/
    In the summer it gets really hot that it is exhausted :( and these days it's really cold and windy.
    We don't have wild animals which is really boring compared to when i see the tv and i see lots of beautiful wild animals on the mountains or in big fields.
    We are catholic most of the people around here. I like christians more though because most catholic people in our country they act like they are saints and they pray and all but than they act like an evil. :/
    We have alot of traditions but some of us didn't keep them i guess.

I never left from Malta myself but someday i wish to go to the UK. It gets boring sometimes here. :(
    You could visit someday :) lots of turists come and visit, they like it most of them. :)
    so you also like animals...?

what food do you eat their

what is the native language?
    Yes i love animals :) I do volunteer work and i used to foster cats too.
    We eat lots of different food and we have the tradition food too. Something that came in my mind is at a feast day(i forgot what it's called) lots of people in our country eat spaghetti with octopus, because in the feast day we don't eat meat.
    Our native language is Maltese. :)
    well, i think your english writing is good!

you must have had a lot of practice..