Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

People smoking drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

Stupid question? but, In my hostel there are 4 corridors, and 3 landings, On one of the landing there is 2 corridors and everyone in that corridor does drugs, and ever since I moved into the hostel I've been getting ill more then I usually do, a lot more.

Anyways, yesterday I Felt completely fine and then I spent from around 2am-5am in a room with someone doing drugs, I felt highly uncomfortable being in there and I didn't want to be in there but I was to scared to leave. but ever since I was in there I've felt really really ill, I've had the worst headache ever, being/feeling sick and dizzy all the time...

Can being around the fumes from drugs? as they we're smoking it...make me ill myself? because, its only ever when I'm at the hostel I feel like this

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could make you feel a bit ill. My dad does drugs, and the smell of it makes me want to hurl.

Maybe speak to your landlord about it?
    It could make you feel ill yes, it may well also be a combination of not getting that much sleep if you are staying up between 2am and 5am. Like I said, I do think it could be an issue, but may be getting aggravated by sleep or lack of.
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Sorry you're feeling ill, and it doesn't sound like the easiest place to live.

You don't say what drugs people are doing, which is probably important here. But if you're in a room with people smoking a lot, then you will be inhaling some of the drugs yourself, so it is likely it will have an affect on you.

You might want to have a look at TheSite's section on Drink & Drugs. Feel free to go into more detail here, or you could write a question to askTheSite if you'd like a more detailed response.
    You are probably getting slightly high of second hand smoke. People who smoke drugs have quite a high resistance to it, so cant really understand that if you are a closed space with a lot of the smoke it can get you high.

Perhaps the drugs don't agree with you. Perhaps the combination of being slightly high and the anxiety you feel around people who are doing drugs is resulting in these feelings.

The only thing you can really do is talk to these poeple and try and explain.
    All hostels have drug problems so it doesn't matter which one I'm in, the landlords and workers can't do anything about it as they're doing it behind their doors, if they we're doing it..for instance in the lounge then they could do something, but it doesn't matter where abouts you go there will always be someone smoking drugs. I can't complain ad when I was moved into one they did mention people will be doing drugs..
    Go get Janet to eat them!
    I'll get her to have a rampage at them...don't mess with janet on a rampage
    Do you know how expensive that smell is? ;o (I'm being humerus take no notice)
    if its a hostel with wardens, they should approach them. If they dont feel able to, they should by law call the police.
    You're allowed to smoke drugs in hostels
    as long as its not infront of the staff...
    No, you're not allowed to smoke drugs, as drug use is against the law. Just because the hostel staff might allow it, doesn't mean that it is acceptable.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    No, you're not allowed to smoke drugs, as drug use is against the law. Just because the hostel staff might allow it, doesn't mean that it is acceptable.

Just a polite correction, that's wrong.

It's illegal to posses drugs, but it's not illegal to use them or have them in your system.
    What drugs are they smoking?
    If you have them in your system does that not count as being in possession?

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk
    If you have them in your system does that not count as being in possession?

Weirdly, I don't think it does (it's not explicitly said so in any of the places I've looked). Though it is illegal to have them in your system if you're driving or something.

Misuse of Drugs Act on Wikipedia
    Though by having a spliffe in your hand to smoke drugs, that is posession :p
    There's a weekly police officer who comes around because a lot of the people in the hostel are on tag or other sorta stuff, they know about the drugs ect...but they don't say anything because of the type of drugs thats being used in there...I don't know what it is...but I know theres "Weed, resin, MKat" Probably all the same ones aha.
    piccolo wrote: »
    Weirdly, I don't think it does (it's not explicitly said so in any of the places I've looked). Though it is illegal to have them in your system if you're driving or something.

Misuse of Drugs Act on Wikipedia

That is true, it's just so drug addicts aren't criminalized too much.
    Emmalee wrote: »
    There's a weekly police officer who comes around because a lot of the people in the hostel are on tag or other sorta stuff, they know about the drugs ect...but they don't say anything because of the type of drugs thats being used in there...I don't know what it is...but I know theres "Weed, resin, MKat" Probably all the same ones aha.

Have you spoken to this police officer about it? If so and he's done nothing, next time he comes round take his Officer number, and go into the police station/call 101 and make a complaint that he's doing doing his job properly. Or every time you even get a wiff of drugs, just call the police. Try kick up a huge fuss, write to you newspaper or something.

Although i highly doubt they're smoking MCAT, i can tell you for free smoking that stuff gives you less of a high, and tastes like melting plastics x1000 it's disgusting.
    Shikari wrote: »
    Although i highly doubt they're smoking MCAT, i can tell you for free smoking that stuff gives you less of a high, and tastes like melting plastics x1000 it's disgusting.

It wasn't on thesite, but I have heard someone mention that before, I can't remember where from though. Plastic fires and their thick acrid black smoke are really horrible so I can't imagine MCAT is going to be much fun at all.
    It wasn't on thesite, but I have heard someone mention that before, I can't remember where from though. Plastic fires and their thick acrid black smoke are really horrible so I can't imagine MCAT is going to be much fun at all.

It really isn't nice at all, when MCAT was legal and £5 a gram, me and my friends tried loads of different ways to take it, just to see what it was like. So we rolled the stuff into cigarettes and smoked it through bongs (water pipes). In cigarettes it was hugely fowl and in bongs it tasted horrible but blew you away.
    I don't know anyone who would actually smoke that stuff regularly - they'd have to be crazy.
    Waste of Mcat to smoke it definitely! And going by the acid drip it gives... I can't imagine smoking it would taste nice at all! They'll probably be sniffing that.

Shikari is right though, take down the officers number. He isn't doing his job properly.
    I never said they we're smoking Mcat....Just saying the name of drugs I've hared around the place..
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I never said they we're smoking Mcat....Just saying the name of drugs I've hared around the place..

All you mentioned in your original post was people smoking drugs, we were just making you aware that Mcat isn't smoked, and therefore people are probably sniffing drugs too.
    From what you described, it sounds like it might be the tobacco more than the drugs that are making you ill, but i would have thought you would need to be in a very smokey room for that to happen.

Did the same happen before the smoking ban when you were in smokey pubs etc?
    Any One know any websites on why smoking , drugs and drinking stuff like beer is bad the human body?
    Hi Gauthier
    You're probably better off starting a new thread about this if you are looking for recommendations of good resources. Your request will probably get a bit lost in this thread and will also take it off-topic.
    Thanks
    Spanner
    spanner wrote: »
    Hi Gauthier
    You're probably better off starting a new thread about this if you are looking for recommendations of good resources. Your request will probably get a bit lost in this thread and will also take it off-topic.
    Thanks
    Spanner

^^This.

Also completely unrelated; the name of this thread keeps making me go "oooo people smokin' drugs ;ooo" then i'm all like awh no there not :(