Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Playing it cool?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just spent the most amazing 24hrs with a young man. We've been messaging for about three weeks from a dating website, phone calls, texts etc. Finally met yesterday and that spark we had via messages was definitely there in person. I've not felt that comfortable with a man for a long time.

I'm feeling all giddy and can't wait to see him again but don't want to overwhelm him with keen-ness! Argh it's hard not to get a little bit carried away...I feel like I am 14, not 24. Oh I really hope he likes me as much.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That excitement is brilliant isn't it?

I don't really believe in playing games so don't think you have to wait days to message him again. Just don't tell him you're madly in love or hearing wedding bells and you'll be fine.
    Don't believe in games either

But it kinda is human nature to want things you're not sure you can have more than those you know you can... I hate waiting to answer messages but, as a rule, I'm quite happy when I have a think about my replies before sending them....
    The idea of delaying phoning someone back was to make you look busy and interesting. Nowadays in an era of constant connectivity, it just makes you look desperate to appear busy and interesting.
    ...or makes you look like you're really just not interested.