Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Running Away from Home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just remembered a conversation in the chatroom about running away from home and whether or not its the best decsion for the problems you're facing, I don't know that if anyone who feels like running away will read thise, or what they are going through, but similar or infact the same rules apply.

The first time I runaway I was in year 11, It was a week before my GCSE exams and I borded a train to bridlington, I'd been there as a child but I hadn't been for a while, I packed clothes and dvds I wasn't sure where I was supposed to watch them or where I was supposed to sleep, I had no phone charge on my phone and I only had £10, I had no where to sleep and It was cold, I was tired, lonley hungry and I felt poorly. I found a cafe and I was so cold and panicking, the woman there knew something was up and called the police, My parents were rung and told to come pick me up, they were so mad at me my mum didnt speak to me for 2 weeks, I failed my GCSE exams because I never got to sit them and I had to re-do them at college which took an extra year out of me doing alevels going to uni and becomign a social worker.

That wasn't the first time I runaway, but I've done it loads and one thing I've noticed is you're problems follow you, they're always one step infront of you. So instead of running away from them...Run at them! because I tell you now, its not the best thing to do, it wrecks you're family and friends lives, you're just cold, hungry and end up poorly most of the time. I won't say things get better but they just get easier to handle..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you're problems follow you, they're always one step infront of you. So instead of running away from them...Run at them!

Finding that drive to face problems head on can be really tough but sharing your story is really inspiring, thanks Em :yes: