Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm not a well bear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got admitted to hospital yesterday with suspected meningitis because i had a massive fever, vomiting (which had been going on since wed) and bad head neck and eyes. Turned out not to be, thankfully, but I'm still waiting for other test results, though they let me go home today.
Now I've been asleep almost all day so I'm trying to be awake a bit so I can sleep at night. I feel hideous, and i want someone to make me soup even if all i'm going to do is vom it back up on their shoes.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh Grace! You poor thing! Sending lots of love and hugs. Wish I could come and make some soup for you. How's the family being? I really hope they're looking after you. xxx
    thank you :) yes, they feel really guilty because they made me work all week despite being ill, so now they're being really attentive. it would be embarrassing for them really if i died.
    i wish i hadn't persuaded my mum not to come over tho
    grace wrote: »
    thank you :) yes, they feel really guilty because they made me work all week despite being ill, so now they're being really attentive. it would be embarrassing for them really if i died.
    i wish i hadn't persuaded my mum not to come over tho

I'm sure you can unpersuade her? Maybe just a text saying "Actually, I'm sorry - I think I really need you".
    I've just sent her something along those lines. I thought it might be a bit selfish before so I'm glad you suggested it, i feel a lot better about it now xx
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Sorry to hear this, hope you're feeling better soon *hug*
    get well soon little one *hug*
    *hug* hope you feel better soon. So glad you don't have meningitis xx
    Hope you feel better soon *hug*
    How are you feeling today Grace?
    How are you feeling today Grace?

A lot better thanks, but I've got a headache which I think is from the lumbar puncture, so I feel ok if I'm lying down but in agony if I stand up. So I'm in bed watching Bagpuss :D
    grace wrote: »
    A lot better thanks, but I've got a headache which I think is from the lumbar puncture, so I feel ok if I'm lying down but in agony if I stand up. So I'm in bed watching Bagpuss :D

Brilliant! Comfort is just what you need.

And I'm sure your mum probably really wants to be with you. Good luck. *hug*
    My mum couldn't come cos of the snow :(

I tried to go back to work today but ended up with a headache more painful than I would have ever thought possible. Threw up a lot and it felt like somebody was stuffing my head full of burning coals. Went back to the hospital and then they did some funky stuff with my blood (squirted it into my spine to stop my 'spine juices' escaping). Got covered in someone else's wee. Bit grim, though my headache's gone.

Thanks for the well wishing :)