Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The "positive steps I've taken" thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
During leaders chat tonight we've been discussing how there should be more positive stories on the boards, so I thought it'd be nice to make this thread :heart:

In the years I've been here I've taken quite a few positive steps:

-Accepted support from the CAMHS team
-Worked with CAMHS and the crisis team to put in place a plan to see me through up until I'm 18
-Gave a statement about the man who abused me, and recently re-opened the case (which will hopefully go to court this time)
-Told my dad about some abuse I suffered as a young child that I'd never told anyone accept MH workers about
-Stopped carrying blades everywhere I go.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of any right now :razz: Thank you so much to everyone who's helped me along my journey, still got a long way to go, but things are getting a lot more stable now.

Please feel free to post your own positive steps, either in this thread of make your own :D I'll keep you all updated on any more steps I make :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm going to pain management course
    I'm doing an NHS art course
    I'm going to a 6 weekly support group
    I'm trying to get myself into a routine
    I'm thinking about finding a family mediation service so that I can confront my father
    I'm trying to give myself plenty of time to chill -and actually doing it
    I'm reading up on mindfulness
    Accipiter wrote: »
    I got hold of some more blades but then this evening I threw them away. One small throw for girl, one giant leap for self harmer.

That's awesome :thumb:
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I'm trying to give myself plenty of time to chill -and actually doing it

That's really good. Everything you've done is amazing you should be so chuffed with yourself, but giving yourself time to chill out is really important because it makes everything seem less stressful and full on (well, for me at least!) I personally like a nice long bubble bath.
    Accipiter wrote: »
    I got hold of some more blades but then this evening I threw them away. One small throw for girl, one giant leap for self harmer.

That's really, really good Accipiter. You should be really pleased with yourself :).

I went to the doctor and asked for a referral to a mental health team, which they're doing. She said they should be involved by my next medication review appointment (which is in about three weeks), so fingers crossed :)
    I moved myself out of an extremly abusive household only for it to still continue, so I'm moving out of the city away from everyone who's making my mental health be...bad, and starting a fresh start :)
    Uhmm...

I moved out
    I can go longer without self-harming
    I *try* and accept the help...
    I like this thread, well done everyone!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Any new ones in the last couple of weeks?
    **helen** wrote: »
    Any new ones in the last couple of weeks?

Oooops. Read that thread wrong :P
    I took the step in asking Becki to help me recover.. scary!
    I go to CAMHS twice a week.
    I see the inpatient outreach team most days.
    I've cut down on cutting.
    I threw most of my pill stash out after my overdose.
    I've allowed the people I love to help me.
    I made this blog and video as an alternative to self harm and to take my mind off of suicide:

http://utterlycray.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5lXxpjkiWnA