Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kitten success

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Yeah I had a long talk on the phone with the vet nurse who said that you can easily get the dosage wrong for kittens for both worming and flea stuff so she said just to wait and get it done there - which is good because the first appointment is free (but I still have to pay for her injections, and the flea and worm treatment...argh!!)
    Randomcat had fleas when I bought him home. They said they can catch them from their mother.

PDSA is a great charity, it enables people who can't afford private vet bills to experience the joys of pet ownership including old and disabled people who I would argue can benefit even more than other people. I know that getting Randomcat has helped a lot with my illness, he provides company, is a good listener and cuddler which are really helpful with my mental health problems.
    I've never had a landlord who allowed pets :-(
    ShyBoy wrote: »

sometimes even when the tenancy agreement says 'no pets' it can be worth asking and making it clear that you'd pay for any damages incurred. i've found landlords are usually quite lenient if you do this and they seem to be more likely to be okay with a cat than a dog.
    ShyBoy wrote: »

I've had two rented flats since I got Randomcat - if you say upfront that you'll only take it if you are allowed a cat they are more likely to allow it than if the think you'll take it anyway.
    Can't seem to get the pictures of Riot kitten to display :(
    Can't seem to get the pictures of Riot kitten to display :(

Are they https:// links? If so, remove the s.
    Ive never asked my landlords/ladies if theyre ok with it.
    I dont think ive never not had a pet
    Well I would like a cat and a dog but will have to wait a little I think... :-)
    Got a hell of a shock when I took Evie to the vets...She is actually a he!!!

So he's been re-named Loki, which is about right considering how mischievious he it! So he's been wormed and de-fleaed (although I'm yet to do the rest of the house). Got his top up jabs in 3 weeks and he seems to be doing well...asides the fact he woke up us today by peeing on the bed because he didn't like the new litter we got for him. grrrrr! but otherwise He's doing well :)
    Got a hell of a shock when I took Evie to the vets...She is actually a he!!!

So he's been re-named Loki, which is about right considering how mischievious he it! So he's been wormed and de-fleaed (although I'm yet to do the rest of the house). Got his top up jabs in 3 weeks and he seems to be doing well...asides the fact he woke up us today by peeing on the bed because he didn't like the new litter we got for him. grrrrr! but otherwise He's doing well :)

Bless! He cats are the best (not that I'm biased at all - well maybe a lot - Randomcat is a boy).