Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scabies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So for months I was itching and the doctor told me It was bed bugs for months,(i asked everytime,I visited was it scabies) So I moved out of where I was living, throw away all my bedding washed everything on a high heat and dried everything in dryer etc

only for two weeks later my boyfriend was told it was scabies.
We found this out about a week before christmas, we have applied the cream at least 5 times since then, we washed everything before the dermtologist told us,that clothing rarely passes the infection on and we don't need too. so two weeks we did a treatment
yet in the last day I have got burrows showing on my hands and I am so itchy, my boyfriend told me aswell he was feeling kinda itchy.

I am at my witness end, they just dont seem to disappear, I dont know how to get rid of them after the treatment dont seem to be working.

please has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    do you work and if so what do you do ?

infection on the hands is the most common way of getting it. nurses, carers and claokroom attendants get it a lot so it might be worth looking at the possibility youre getting reinfected from someone you have contact with
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm a student and I'm not currently working at the moment. The most contact I have is my boyfriend, so I probably keep reinfecting him as he seemed to be free of it for a while. I had it for longer than him and I gave it to him.

I have no idea how I caught it, but I use to work as a barmaid but the contact of serving customers shouldnt of been long enough to transmit scabies