Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Snow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you feel about it?

I can't believe the amount of people on my Facebook etc who moan about it and say they hate it. I understand that it can cause problems with the roads and stuff and I can understand if it delayed your holiday or something. but come on...I secretly think they're just a little miserable haha.

I'm 28 and it makes me feel like being a kid again. iv just spent ten minutes trying to persuade my boyfriend to make a snowman in our back garden but he won't haha. there's fields at the back of our house and they look so pretty covered in white. I don't mind driving in it cos as long as you're careful, I think it's fine!

so come on, snow: love it or hate it?

Comments

• Options
    It's alright, but I now have soggy, wet, wrinkly feet-.-
    I HATE slush. But the crunchy snow is like :heart:
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Snow ruined my Saturday plans, who wouldn't want to go to Liverpool and drink tea, and we had it all planned to, just hope nobody went to Liverpool ;) Snow is okay, but I feel to old to actually enjoy it, and it's to cold, so, moaning with proud for now ;)

To add on, there is quiet a bit of slip slide and riding to ;) Amusing watching people fall over (Friends), unless it's me, haha, but to add on, 'snow' is great for pictures, photography, you get amazing, beutiful pictures, when the snow's fairly white, that is!
  • Options
    I just cleared about a skip's worth of it off our drive and road, so I can't say I'm particularly enamoured by it really..
  • Options
    Isn't great at the moment but mostly because it's fairly icy where we live. It's my due date in 10 days so I'm housebound because I'm clumsy generally and don't want to risk falling over.

But it's cute to see the neighbourhood kids playing in the snow and our cat venturing out into it and then returning with a frosty tail. Next year if it snows hopefully I can partake :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Gets me off work for a bit. I get to drive my pickup in 4x4 whilst other drivers struggle, I take the motox bike for a tear up on the forest and get pissed up in the pub. Love the snow.:heart:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I love snow, especially the crunchy sound when walking. It's all good now, not so much when it gets icy :no:
  • Options
    pretty to look at out of the window but I don't like going out in it
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not very used to it but I mostly like it, when it's soft. On Friday I had to walk for some distance through it and I didn't have any reason to complain (other than my socks getting wet but that's a shoe problem). Every now and then I stopped and took some into my hand.
    It's a lot less enjoyable when it's more icy though.
  • Options
    I'd like it more if as a country we actually manned up and had measures in place to manage it. It happens every year yet the country still grinds to a halt. But where I am hasn't had any snow at all so I am slightly jealous of everyone back home having snow days
  • Options
    If they would clear the pavements before they turn into ice rinks I'd be alright. Especially if it's gonna snow again. As it is I'm too busy trying to stay upright to enjoy it.
  • Options
    Snow means work gets busier for me with accidents caused by idiots who can't drive at the best of times let alone when you need 10 times the gap than usual and with hundreds of calls about kids throwing snowballs.

So, hate it.
  • Options
    I love it - but not when I do stupid things like try to reverse my car over massive blocks of ice (they were hidden under the snow) and ruin my steering/tyres and clutch....that was one costly mistake never to be made again! I love my back garden though as it looks all wintery and cute...I don't like the massive effort it takes to get to work...if the country manned up and sorted out the roads and pavements - snow would be pretty damn awesome all round :)
  • Options
    Would like it if we had any down here...
  • Options
    We've had lots and lots here for the past week and it's so pretty, and soon I'm going to be able to go and play in it! I really miss snow days from school and work though, at the job I have now, snow = children off school = more work.

I'm a bit worried though cos I'm supposed to be getting a coach to London on the 1st for my friend's birthday, so I hope everything's stopped being mental by then.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried though cos I'm supposed to be getting a coach to London on the 1st for my friend's birthday, so I hope everything's stopped being mental by then.

London's meant to clear by this Friday. Can't speak for your end. Even whilst it's been like this, though, the main roads have been pretty good.
  • Options
    OMG We have two feet of snow!!
    6103_523744507647085_1945534034_n.jpg

Childish moment ;P
  • Options
    I never got to make a Smurfman :(