Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Southern Spain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi,

We want to take our boy on holiday this year, he is 4, we haven't been away for 3 years so really want to get it right and enjoy it, we are thinking south Spain in May?

What I don't like is when the thought of gong to a place which is full of brits with English fry up cafes and the red lion pub :)

I am told there are places like that on Spain? I am also told there are plaa es like that in Portugal, i want to be close to beach, foreign restaurants/culture and an old town, if there are water parks of zoos or something then that will be a bonus, has anyone here got any suggestions?
Thanks x

We have about 1 grand for the holiday excluding spending money...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've only been to spain twice and my first time there I spent 3 weeks in ICU as my body couldn't deal with the heat and it set of an extreemly bad asthma attack, Although I lived in bulgaria for 3 years and I'd recommend it to anyone, Theres a great place called sunny beach...which is a massive tourist attraction and its a bus ride (free bus ride) away from the biggest waterpark in europe which will be great for a 4 year old, Sunny beach..as you could guess is right next to the beach..and there is no English fry up cafes....I don't think this is what you asked for...but still :)
    Thanks Emmalee,

I will look into that, I know I mentioned south Spain our options are open, just want somewhere hot, relaxing, near beach and to have some things to do if we want to, we thought Spain as the prices seemed pretty reasonable, we may even get 2 weeks break?

I'll check Bulgaria out thanks..:D
    any coastal resorts in spain will have a lot of brits I think, but it depends whether you get a car and travel a bit when youre there.
    Spain attracts a lot of brits for some reason. Id probably be more inclined to go for mediteranean france, or italy, or malta. The fact that the prices are so reasonable is the reason it will have a lot of Brits.
    Check out the place on tripadvisor maybe, or google the name of the resort with the word reviews next to it
    Yeah, avoid places like Malaga if you don't want to see "English pubs" and the like.

Granada is lovely. Accessible to tourists without being dominated by them.
    It's a simple query, The Spain is the best world to night life. Barcelona Ibiza, Madrid and Valencia are incredible locations to be FIESTA. Although anywhere in The country could be an awesome place have fun with his insane night-time.
    gold coast family accommodation
    Wings Hinterland Retreat
    31 Red Oak Drive Tallai QLD 4213 Australia
    Phone : +61 407 037 811
    wingshinterlandretreat.com
    Massive Luxury Holiday Home for 21 persons. Perfect for Family Holidays or corporate getaways.
    It's a simple query, The Spain is the best world to night life. Barcelona Ibiza, Madrid and Valencia are incredible locations to be FIESTA. Although anywhere in The country could be an awesome place have fun with his insane night-time.

dont be ridiculous, the whole of spain is not a fiesta with insane nighttimes. Spanish people lead normal lives like anywhere