Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Very worried about my brother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this and i'd really appreciate anyones advice.

My brother is currently volunteering in another country for the year, he has just found out his girlfriend has been cheating on him. He's devestated and i fear he may have been depressed for a while but now he's in a bad state. He's had panic attacks today, not been eating and hasn't been able to sleep. He's really upset and i'm just so worried because i'm not there and neither are my mum and dad.

Even though i can talk to him on skype and facebook i'm just really worried about him, i dont think he'll try to harm himself but i'm worried about his state of mind and i just wish i could be there to look after him :( He's really angry but mainly just really upset and i dont know what exactly is the best thing to do to make sure he'll be ok.

Please if you have any advice, let me know. Thanks again

Comments

• Options
    does he have any good friends there with him that know what's going on?
  • Options
    Not really, he has some friends but i wouldnt say any that are like best friends. He works in a school so hopefully there will be some of the teachers that he's good friends with that he can talk to. He lives with one other girl but they don't really get on so i don't think she'll be looking out for him that much
  • Options
    Hi Jayne_Harri :wave:

I am sorry to hear that happened to your brother, I have a brother and it's not nice seeing them hurting like that no matter if they are older or younger *hug* It must be hard as you can not be there physically with him but he more than likely knows you are there for him and supporting him through skype and facebook :)

Hopefully he will have someone there for him to talk to but I am sure it is comforting for him to know you are there for him :heart:

purple_rain