Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

People taking things off one site, to show to another site

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey folks.

I have recently found out that somebody has been taking things from one site to do with me, to another website. I am not to sure if this is allowed, and I thought what was said on one site has to stay on that site.

This has resulted in me, having my account blocked, and has left me feeling extremely wound up, upset and annoyed.

I just don't think it's fair how somebody can do that, get other sites involved when it has nothing to do with them.

And for somebody to be that hurtful to want to get somebody else into trouble for something they haven't actually done wrong.

It's not fair.

Anyway rant over.

Just wanted to express my feelings with regards to this topic.

Comments

• Options
    It depends on the rule of the particular sites. Unless one of the websites was this one then there's not much anyone here can do. Have you spoken to the mods on the sites involved?
  • Options
    The lesson here is not to post *anything* publically onto anywhere on the internet that you're not happy to have re-posted elsewhere.

If you posted something to someone in private, of course, then that person is an ass for spreading it about, but, still, much the same caution applies.
  • Options
    Yeah this site was involved, the person involved copied my PM's I had sent to another moderator on the other site. The rules of that site are to not mention "that site" off it. So basically I used the name in my PM but didn't go into details. It has been twisted.
    I tried to speak to the moderator I am in the process of emailing them.

It was sent in private that's the thing. It wasn't done public.
  • Options
    That's really lame. Sorry to hear that.

My rule. Never share anything personal with anyone online whether it's via public posts or pm.

:thumb:
  • Options
    i do advise maybe talking to mods on here and the other site... it might be helpful in doing so!
  • Options
    It wasn't like i shared anything personal. I am wound up cos it's happened and the thing I said has been twisted.

Yeah I have done Louise. Thank you lovely. Still pretty crap though... I was just trying to get my point across, and nobody wanted to listen.
  • Options
    That's the problem. If you're involved with more than one site, that has the same people on, there's the chance it could happen. To why you're better off making your usernames completely different to that particular site.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Claire.:(
    The person who did this to you should keep the conversation private and not spreading it.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Sorry to hear you're stuff was nicked on to another site, Claire, I can imagine that to be quiet frustrating, *hug*'s!
  • Options
    If the person is a member of this site, I really don't think you should post about it on the boards. Keep it between PM's with them and the mods I think, or it'll just cause further arguments and problems in my experience.

Remember you can block users :)
  • Options
    That's the problem. If you're involved with more than one site, that has the same people on, there's the chance it could happen. To why you're better off making your usernames completely different to that particular site.

:yes: Totally agree.
  • Options
    I don't understand it at all.
  • Options
    Well, think about it, none of us are innocent, and people have taken things from one site to another, I have no doubt at least most of us have, including yourself.

In all honesty, if this is having such a profound affect on you, then I'd suggest either changing your username, and not tell anyone, or block the people involved in doing so.
  • Options
    It's not like having a big affect on me. I just don't think it's fair. That's all.
  • Options
    Did you say someone had taken what you had sent to a mod on PM? And posted it elsewhere? I'm honestly not being nasty as I don't think I comprehend what has actually happened. Are you saying that a moderator from another site has been forwarding your PM's, or that you sent someone the same things that you sent to another Moderator?

Either way its bang out of order and if this other site acts in that way regardless of it being your fault or not, do you really want to be a member of a place like that anyway?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    It's not having a big effect on you Claire? Seriously, after what we discussed via Skype? Were here when you're ready to talk, and hope to see you in chat, later tonight!

This situations kinda confused me now...So, this is what happened, right...Well, what I heard via this post...

You messaged a member on this website (TheSite.org) via Inbox, but this member is also a member of another community you are apart off, right (Other Site)? The message you sent on this website (TheSite), to a member, the member went on to another website, to report it?

So, let's give this User a name...Er...Norman?

Both Norman and Claire, are members on this Website, Claire, thinks Norman has an issue with her, so approaches Norman to find out what it might be.

Norman responds to Claire, telling her, to leave her alone, Claire responds with another message, expressing her feelings about Norman and Normans ignorance.

Norman, totters on to anther website, which she knows, Claire is a member off, and reports the User Claire, right? Claire gets removed from the site for a week, by a moderator, who never asked for her side of the story.

I can imagine, Claire was quiet frustrated with Norman, which she likely found difficult to cope with, right? Claire thinks it's Unfair, that Norman, shared her messages on another website. Which I must admit, she had no right to do. Claire get's a ban for something that happened on another website (Thesite).

Thinking about it, the situations is quiet confusing. But then I agree with G, knowing what you're on about and you saying it yourself, the other website, is badly run. You have people on here that care about you, please do keep reaching out to us *hug*
  • Options
    Okay well maybe it's affecting me a bit. I am never ready to talk, that's my problem, but thank you for being here for me. *hug*

**Angel** has explained it perfectly. I guess I should of made it a bit clearer in my original post when I started the thread. Thank you Angel.

The whole thing has got on my nerves big style, I don't understand why "Norman" couldn't just tell me what her problem is with me, considering she is making it pretty obvious that she has a problem with me. I know this is the online world, but being ignored for a long period of time, and having somebody want to get me kicked of another website is pretty harsh. That is my point, I feel like this was planned, cos Norman was always reporting me to the moderators, and was just waiting tthe o actually get be banned from that site for good.

All I wanted to know was what I had done wrong, and she couldn't even tell me. Am I overreacting, is it okay what this person did?

**Angel** I know you want me to talk about things, but the truth is I just don't really do talking, however what you did say last night/this morning to me on Skype made me think a lot and I have realized a few things. So I thank you for that. :heart:
  • Options
    Claire, if the member is a user of this site I really do not think it is appropriate to talk about it on the boards. Speak to a mod via PM if you have problems with a particular user, there is no need for the whole site to be involved.
  • Options
    Okay.. But I wasn't intentionally involving the "whole" site. I am free to write a thread about whatever, But I can see your point. I just needed to vent about it, cos in all fairness it has wound me up.
  • Options
    Okay.. But I wasn't intentionally involving the "whole" site. I am free to write a thread about whatever, But I can see your point. I just needed to vent about it, cos in all fairness it has wound me up.

You are not free to write a thread about "whatever" there are rules. I do not think it is polite or appropriate to write a thread about what a user has done to you on another site, just like it is not appropriate for them to send your PM's to another site.
    You should PM the mods of this site if you have an issue involving a member, and not post a thread speculating things on the boards.
  • Options
    Okay I can see your point. I am sorry, I will ask Helen to remove my thread.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Thanks for getting in touch with me about this Claire, I'm going to close this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.