Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can I put my facebook, twitter and instagram in my signature?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hi. Sorry I didn't know where to find a mod or admin and i'm not sure if i've posted this in the correct section.

I was wondering if i'm permitted to put my facebook, twitter and instagram in my signature?

Thankyou.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you are allowed to, but i personally wouldnt. Depends how private you are I guess
  • Options
    It's just my photography really.
  • Options
    It depends if you want people from the internet adding you etc. I agree with Suzy, I personally wouldn't do it
  • Options
    Ah cool. Ok thanks guys. :)
  • Options
    I think you're allowed to post your twitter..but not facebook...
  • Options
    If I was you I'd start a blog/facebook page that just had your photography on it, and not any personal information, and post a link to that :)
  • Options
    i already have a facebook page :D
  • Options
    Personally there isn't a rule specifically against it, however a lot of people do use this site and chose to refrain from posting personal details incase they can be linked to some of the often personal issues that they post about.

If you have a facebook page set up for your photography, then that is a little better than posting your own profile, but only if it doesnt have you listed as the page owner. Like others have said, I wouldn't necessarily post my facebook on here as I use facebook for friends I know well only. Although my twitter isn't on here, its pretty easy to find it through looking at my blog site or my flickr account. Saying that, I still don't put the details on here to make it really easy etc.
  • Options
    Eloquence wrote: »
    i already have a facebook page :D

I think posting a page would be okay, if like G said you aren't listed as the owner. :)
    I have certain members of thesite on Facebook, who I know well/have met in real life, but I would never post a link to my facebook. You have to remember that anyone can view thesite, and therefore anyone could add you. I had my email address linked to my thesite account once, and got sent loads of inappropriate things/spam!