Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Collage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i want to go on and do another caurse doing eqine (horses) i got told iam a really good sudent i should do another caurse so i can help out too. i got told When u hit 19 do u have to pay for ur collage caurse :O i dont know weather that truse or not or shell i go for it
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Education is only free until you're 19, after that you have to pay.
    I highly recommend "college" for you.
    Hi heather

Has the person who told you that you should do further study given you any information about how to go about it? As others have said, education is only free either until the age of 19 or until you start Higher Education (university), there are some other exceptions.

There might be bursaries available for the courses you want to do, it doesn't have to be expensive.

UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) lists the equine-related courses run in the UK at universities.
    :
    Shikari wrote: »

:rolleyes:

I'm aware you're having a bad day but that was a lazy and an unprovoked jab and I think you know it.
    piccolo wrote: »
    There might be bursaries available for the courses you want to do, it doesn't have to be expensive.

Just to add to this, if you go on the website for the college that you are interested at studying in there will be a section about financial support. I'm pretty sure most if not all colleges offer a bursary for people 19+ who are experiencing financial hardship. Some colleges will also help out with your food by giving you free meals/access to tinned food to take home or vouchers.
    If you're on JSA/ESA, housing benefit, or any other sort of benefit, they should let you in for free.
    Have you tried talking to connexions Heather? They can offer advice on things like this.

Here is there website http://www.connexionslive.com/
    Shikari wrote: »

Seriously out of order.
    Seriously out of order.

Already been commented on and Shikari has since given some good advice. No need to bring it up again.
    Sorry..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Seriously out of order.

If someone was large, you'd recommend them a diet.
    If someone is uneducated, you'd recommend them a school. ><
    Apparently you can't do that here.
    I didn't say you couldn't did I? I just said that it was out of order to correct somebody in such a harsh way.. That's all, can't be good for the persons self esteem really.