Home Home, Law & Money
Ask our experts anything related to self harm recovery! We are joined by a skin camouflage expert who can give you ideas of how to use make up to cover your scars and also an expert with lived experience of how to learn to love your scars. add your questions to this thread or send them to us anonymously here

Housing help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

Can a little person get some advice on housing situations?

So, I'm moving out, again, and I'm not to sure where to start. I don't have a job, and I don't actually know what to do first.

It's not urgent at the moment, but I guess asap would be better.

Any ideas/advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with what purple_rain has said about contacting Becki, Because she may be able to get in touch with the relevant services for you.

Ive just had a look on the internet, and I have found this website. It's about young people and housing rights and advice for young people who need to move out etc. It may be useful to you.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/housing_e/housing_finding_a_place_to_live_e/young_people_and_housing.htm

Hope that is off some help to you.
    I would also check out shelters website they have a lot of good resources :-)
    Very true ShyBoy, in fact after I posted that link, I was thinking about shelter, and was gonna comment back.

Great minds think alike :)

Here's shelters website

http://www.shelter.org.uk/
    Yeah, my CPN was really helpful in getting me the forms and stuff for social housing, there was also a benefits adviser in the CMHT who was fab.
    Might talk to Becki about it, I've brought it up before, and told her I really need the help, but I've not heard anything since. Might go poke her about it when I see her... I know it wouldn't happen right away, or even be a quick process - but least I'll have something going.. sigh.
    *hugs*
    hopefully you'll get sorted soon. and I am sure Becki can help you. :) it's good that you can go to her about things, and she can help you. as you say it wont happen straight away but it will be sorted for you hopefully :)
    Hiya

Just to say that I've replied to your thread in health with quite a bit of linkage etc. I won't repeat it all here, but I hope some of it helps - best of luck.

Spanner
    thnx for sharing such nice info,.........