Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alternative contraceptives?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm curious about the availability of alternative male contraceptives. My girlfriend is on depro-provera injections, which are extremely effective, and we both dislike condoms. She is allergic to latex, so condom variety is severely limited for us. With her on the injections, she doesn't think we need to worry. But as little as the risk of pregnancy is, I'm still not willing to go unprotected on my part. Does anyone know of anything i could try? I have done a little bit of research, and it seem that short of a vasectomy, condoms are my only option at the moment. Any ideas? Thanks! :D

Comments

• Options
    lots of hot baths
  • Options
    lots of hot baths

Sounds funny, but there's some evidence that heating your balls can lower sperm count. Other than that, I'm not sure there is anything. You are both clear of STI/STDs yes?
  • Options
    I was on the Depo for many years, and found it an effective form of contraception. You could combine the Depo with the withdrawal method (i.e. not cumming inside her) to further reduce the risk. They are also talking about a male pill, but it's not due to be released for a few years. I feel her pain on the latex allergy though, I have a similar problem!
  • Options
    Worth pointing out, even if you were both using contraception there is still a risk of pregnancy. Very tiny risk, but it's worth remembering. Also, you can get non latex condoms, but they are a bit pricey I think! :thumb:
  • Options
    and not as stretchy, but the femidom is reasonably roomy.
  • Options
    Cum on her tits? If she's on the injection which is 99% effective, just pull out.
  • Options
    Worth pointing out, even if you were both using contraception there is still a risk of pregnancy. Very tiny risk, but it's worth remembering. Also, you can get non latex condoms, but they are a bit pricey I think! :thumb:

Im aware that there is still a risk, but if i can reduce it more, then i will. I want to have kids eventually, but im far from ready to be a father lol. and i have non-latex condoms, but pleasure is minimal with them
  • Options
    Latex free condoms are going to be way to go - they are a lot better than normal ones in my eyes. Buying them off the interwebz is the best bet.
  • Options
    The male pill will be available once socio-political opposition gives way to the inevitable...