Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Update on CAMHS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Update on the CAMHS situation...I thought I'd plonk it in here..since camhs has the word health in it..:P

Anyways, So..breif back outline of whats being going on for those who don't know..

In may I felt really low, my moods was becoming worse and I couldn't handle it so suicidal thoughts came back and I ended up asking my friend to make me a doctors appointment, I then was diagnosed with Severe Depression and put on medication to control it (not that it did but thats another story) Then he made a referall to CAMHS and me and my link worker had to do an assesment, we sent them back of and we're told an appointment would be here in the next couple of weeks. but that appointment never came and I spent days in hospital ect ect. Three people have rung up saying they're going to speed up the process of it and my link worker has also rung up..but nothing seems t be happening...

Anyways, On..wednesday I asked if one of the workers on ycnet could ring up or something because they keep saying how they're concerned about me, So I Emailed them with my details...and today they've emailed back with

"Hi Em,Thanks for sending those details through.We've just spoken with someone from the CAMHS team in Hull, and they will look through their records to find out if you have been referred to their team; so we'll be in touch when we've heard back from them"

So..hopefully THIS time I might..actually get help.before i..attack pigeons with rocks..or something aha..

Comments

• Options
    *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hey Emmalee

I'm sorry you're going through such a frustrating situation getting an appointment. It can be psychologically quite a challenge when you've finally got to the point of seeking help, and told you're going to get it, but then you have to wait and wait and wait. Maybe try to spare the poor pigeons from those rocks - :) - but hitting a pillow, going for a run (if your toe is OK), or playing really angry loud music may help get some of the frustration out of you.

You said you heard from them on Wednesday? Has there been any news since? How are you feeling in your mind now?

It could be that you don't hear from them until after the Christmas break, do you feel OK about that? It's worth remembering that if you get a period of feeling low this Christmas, Samaritans are always there to talk to. And of course you can post on TheSite boards and there will always be someone on here that cares and wants to listen :)

Take care of yourself

Holly
  • Options
    I've not heard anything since but its christmas so I don't expect to hear out till the new year..

How am I feeling in my mind? Hurt..depressed...low...you know..the same.

I can't do Samaritans...sorry.they're just a No-Go for me..
  • Options
    Got an appointment for tuesday!! :hyper:
  • Options
    That is good news :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Got an appointment for tuesday!! :hyper:

Agreed - this is really brill news. It's so great that you asked your ycnet worker to help and that they did - that was a great move and one you should feel proud of considering the previous set backs you've had.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday :)
  • Options
    That's great Emmy, hope it goes well on Tuesday <3
  • Options
    Told ya you'd get one :P Good luck, missy.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone,
    will let you all know how it goes
  • Options
    :banghead: argh....