Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Support Chat: Sunday 13th January 2013, 7-9pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
With me.

Click here

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Awesome!!! Looking forward to this as I only realised on the night that Chat doesn't exist on Thursdays anymore.

Feeling really lonely at the moment so could really do with this tonight.
    Are you okay Wavy? I know I miss Thursdays chat.
    At this moment I'm fine Claire, but just spent a lot of time at home on my own at the moment. Nobody's even talking to me on Fb chat and haven't heard from my crush in ages.
    I am here for you if you need a chatter. PM me anytime :) Here for you...

I feel a bit like that at the minute but I tend to isolate myself so it's my own fault lol
    I'll ask again - has anyone worked out how to make chat work on an iPad?
    I don't think chat works on apple products. Its something to do with the platform that runs chat or something. I'm not sure on the technical wording for it. Cause I am useless when it comes to computers. But I think it's something to do with how chat is run. The program that is used. Maybe speak to a mod, and see if they have any suggestions?
    Scary Monster: iOS products aren't compatible with Flash which is used to make the Chat interface, hence why it won't work on iPhones or iPads. Best bet if you want to use Chat on a tablet is to buy a cheap Android one.

And thank you Claire for being so lovely
    What Wavy said. That's what I meant. But Wavy said the proper technical words haha!:)

Anytime lovely :) You know I am here for you. If you do need to chat about anything at all. I am sorry to hear you feel lonely. Have you thought about starting a thread in the health and wellbeing section. I reckon people could offer you some advice. Just a thought :D x
    I don't particularly want to use chat on a tablet - I just happen to only have an iPad for internet, so if there's no way to make chat work on an iPad then there's no chat for me.
    I don't particularly want to use chat on a tablet - I just happen to only have an iPad for internet, so if there's no way to make chat work on an iPad then there's no chat for me.

Just seen this; so we won't have your wisdom for Handmaid's Tale chat? Gutted.

(Although, incidentally....)
    The only way to make Chat work for iPads is to convert Chat from Flash to HTML 5.

Though, this could take a very long time and money to develop. I'm happy using my laptop. :)