Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dla

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have noticed that i was not paid my DLA during the month of december 2012, just wondering how i go about getting it...? i don't know if it is because i was in hospital for about 6 weeks and somehow they've found out and decided not to pay me. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there Nutter,

Not sure why this could be as I'm not familiar with DLA rules but it must have been frustrating for you to not have been paid. Have you tried giving the DLA helpline a ring? They'll have access to your DLA account and should be able to tell you the reason. Once you know, you can take further action if necessary.

The details of the helpline are here - https://www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline

:)
    DLA is not means tested, so it may have been an oversight. Have you been paid for januarys one, or do you think your DLA might just have been stopped altogether?
    They will stop payment of DLA after 28 days in hospital. You should be paid for the first 28 days though. Also, if you do any overnight leave you should get paid DLA for that night. If you haven't been paid for a whole month that doesn't sound right if you were only in hospital for 6 weeks.