Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What make-up brand do you buy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I don't think I've seen a thread about this, if so sorry and feel free to get rid of it :P I did scroll through like 10 pages though lol

What make-up brand do you buy?

So, I'm a Rimmel type of person, I never used to care with brands, but looking through my make up bag, all my products seem to be Rimmel!

What's your brand?

Comments

• Options
    MAC, Urban Decay, Benefit, mostly.

For cheaper stuff, I've kinda started liking No 7 and Rimmel.
  • Options
    I seem to be a 'Rimmel Babe' atm.

Then again, I think that's the only brand I've ever brought, apart from BarryM
  • Options
    Foundation = MAC
    Eyeliners = Urban decay

Both of those are quite expensive though :crying:

And always max factor mascara.

Apart from that I shake it up a bit ;)
  • Options
    MAC, Urban Decay, Benefit, mostly.

For cheaper stuff, I've kinda started liking No 7 and Rimmel.

Franki that reminds me - I've been using MAC Studio Fix fluid ever since you recommended it ;) I recently lost my last lot (ARGH THE MONEYZ) and am on the website now and looking at maybe trying another one - maybe the pro longwear one? Any viewssss?
  • Options
    I've never heard of Urban Decay :o *awkward* lol
  • Options
    Franki that reminds me - I've been using MAC Studio Fix fluid ever since you recommended it ;) I recently lost my last lot (ARGH THE MONEYZ) and am on the website now and looking at maybe trying another one - maybe the pro longwear one? Any viewssss?

I've only ever used Studio Fix powder and a fluid one that wasn't SFF but I can't remember the name of. I'd probably recommend going to a counter and asking for a sample or to apply some for you to see how it feels.
  • Options
    Collection, MUA, Liz earl, a little bit of lush, Barry M, bourjois, a bit of mac but I'm phasing it out because they've started testing on animals again, illamasqua which I adore! And sleek which is also great.

There are load more brands I love which I don't have either because I can't get it locally or it's an expensive brand - like Kevyn aucoin/nars/Laura mercier
  • Options
    The Body Shop have a great range of make-up that's pretty good as well! Although, my pocket ends up empty!
  • Options
    When I could afford it I liked Lily Lolo makeup and Benefit. But now it's a mixture of high street. I like Rimmel foundation
  • Options
    Rimmel eyeliner is poop :o *looks at her pencil which is now half the size it was*

Any recommendations on good eyeliner that doesn't shrink in 3 days? Lol
  • Options
    I have a mixture of everything. Currently mainly Lily Lolo for concealer and foundation, eyeshadows vary, currently using a free mascara I got in a goody bag, when I want extra coverage I use Dainty Doll liquid foundation.
  • Options
    I'm using MUA, Laura Geller and W7.
  • Options
    Rimmel eyeliner is poop :o *looks at her pencil which is now half the size it was*

Any recommendations on good eyeliner that doesn't shrink in 3 days? Lol

I've started using gel eyeliner (I'm absolutely pantspantspants at eyeliner usually) and I find it much easier. Also a little goes a long way, so a small pot does last.
  • Options
    collection seem to do a good one - has a little brush with it as well
  • Options
    Collection 2000 for powder and NYC for foundation, only three squids for a tube that lasts me about a month (and I use ALOT) - oh and i'm very white and thats the only one i've found thats reasonable looking.