Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hi <3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, my name's Isy, I'm thirteen. I'm here cos I self harm to an extent where I've had to go to hospital for deliberately slamming my fingers in the door....my arm's covered in scars but I always hide it from my parents so they have no idea, I want to tell them but I know they wouldn't understand, they'd be upset. :( Thanks for whoever sees it and replies.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heyy

Welcome u come to the right place :D

sorry to hear that u been going to the hosptail about self harming and trapping ur fingers in the doors.
    u can post about self harming on

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/90-Health-amp-Wellbeing

here a something might help u with self-harming

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm

ur welcome to come and have chat when chat open u can come along to get support and suppot others
    heres the details
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/129784-Fancy-a-chat

we are here for u

keep us posted :D
    Welcome to the boards isy I hope you feel comfortable on here and in time you could go into more depth on the right thread of whats going on..and we could offer more support and advice,
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Isy,

Welcome to TheSite.org boards, I love your user name Cheesebob, adorable! TheSite.org aims to people between 16-25, but we also get people younger and older, so quiet a wide range in all fairness, it's a lovely site, and community,

Well done for reaching out towards us, you should be proud of yourself, do you want to stop self harming? It's difficult opening up about self harming, but it will be a positive on your side, as you will be able to get the right support for yourself, I know it's a scary thought when it comes to opening up about self harm, but we are here for you!

Have you considered going to your GP about yourself or A&E, just to check your cuts out, always worth getting them checked out, just encase, here's a link to Visiting your Doctor about self harm...I found the article quiet interesting myself, and very useful! *hug*

You could also think about checking out Coping Tips and Distraction Maybe you could try some of the distractions when you feel the urge to self harm? It also might be worth posting in the Health and Well being forum, you are likely to get more support and responses :)

Keep reaching out to us, proud of you for posting, and again, welcome to TheSite.org :wave:

Angel :heart:
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Hey hun, I'm sure you'll find loads of support here. xx
    Hi Isy, first of all welcome to thesite. You made the best choice to come here, we're here for you.
    I s/h too and i know how parents can be sometimes. Mine were upset when they found out but they eventually get over it, not everyone the same but now my parents ever since the day when they found out they don't talk about it :/. Mine they don't understand and my 2 sisters also they don't get it. When they found out i had to promise them that i would never do that again, but a few weeks ago i started s/h again. They don't know and i have to keep it to myself because i know what they do if they found out.
    I know that i didn't give you any advice but i wanted you to know that your not alone. And parents they are not all the same maybe if you tell them they will understand. They will be a little upset Who wouldn't be but they get over the upset part and will try to help you.
    Well keep posting and let us know how your doing :) again we are here for you. xxx
    Thank you **Angel** that was so much help :)<3