Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Polls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Not an issue, but a thought.

When someone votes on a poll, it doesn't show up in 'new posts'. For things like book / film clubs this might be helpful for extra impact?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heya :)

Really like this idea but there's no easy setting for it in the back end I'm afraid.

Just been chatting to our Communications guys though and we thought we'd start creating facebook events for special chats so that includes book club, film club and expert chats.

This might help to pull in some new faces to the community and also gives an easy event page for the Communications guys to cross-promote.

I'll put up the event a week before so on Wed 9th and we'll see how it goes. What do you think?

:chin:
    I like this idea :)
    Jo7 wrote: »
    I'll put up the event a week before so on Wed 9th and we'll see how it goes. What do you think?

Go for it :thumb:
    Cool, glad you guys are up for it :)

Clem - I just messaged piccolo about this too but I'm also thinking it would be good to have sticky threads at the top of Travel & Freetime. One for book club and one for film club.

They will be useful to link to if we are cross-promoting via facebook etc. and also people can then easily see at a glance.. what book/film club is, how often it meets, what is the current book/film and when the next chat is. Hopefully making it easier for people to get involved :yes:

If you'd like to have a go at writing the thread I can stick it for you :thumb:
    Oops totally missed this Jo, thanks for message :)

Do you mean a thread that introduces film club that can be stickied?
    Yep, piccolo has done one for book club now here: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/155254-Book-Club-(archive-and-updates)

It should make it easier for people to find out at a glance what it's all about, when it's happening and what the current book/film is.

:)