Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strip clubs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She might want to watch though Skive. NMC aren't keen on nurses moonlighting and this sort of business and her hospital will have issues about "bring them into disrepute"...
  • Options
    Just to be clear I'm not moralising (though, I fully expect people to continue to attribute any comments I make as irrelevant moral imposition and prejudice), and as I was transparent about I've never been to a strip club so can't give a strong committed / informed opinion.

I just raised the argument that sex work is, on average more exploitative because of the aforementioned reasons, and that as an industry that is close to sex work in many regards, it may have some of the same difficulties and concerns. As such, its something that we need to be mindful of and not give it carte blanche / pretend its the same as going to work as an office temp.

However, perhaps its clear that by studying and understanding exploitation in the work place during my degree, that I have indeed been brainwashed by the feminazi-academic-liberal propaganda.
  • Options
    I'm guessing any woman in the 'sex industry' is at more risk of exploitation than in other areas of employment but that's no reason for anyone to take a bull-headed view that the whole industry is negative towards all the women involved. There are indeed some women who are either happy to be doing what they're doing or feel no exploitation at all. I doubt they balance it all out but taking a 'politically correct' attitude that it should all be 'banned' or whatever is pretty silly.

Regulation is the key. But which government will have the testicular fortitude to introduce it?
  • Options
    I don't think root and branch reform of regulation would make that much of a difference. The really grubby places where there are more likely to be problems, will likely ignore existing legislation anyway.

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk