Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best Freecycle scores

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been using Freecycle recently. I just wondered if anyone else uses it and what things you have got from there or given. Most randon thing I gave was, in response to a wanted advert, a massive bagful of old socks that were needed for a theatre production as a prop. One of my friends got a massive bag of incontience pads. I currently have listed an electric blanket, 2 yoga Geri Halliwell dvds, a sack of bubble wrap, a drawer divider and a cat bed!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used the loughborough one to obtain a lawn edger once, and to offload a beautifully illustrated family bible I found in a bin at the tipp. Happy days
    everyone talks about freecycle so I checked out my local one last month cos I was moving into a house and had no furniture. i found it really depressing. there were hardly any people giving stuff away but just hundreds of wants posts. some of them were really desperate too, like one from a woman begging for a washer/dryer as hers had broke and she had no money to replace it and couldn't wash her kids clothes. in the same post she asked for any carpet scraps people might have for her kitchen floor as it was just floorboards. it made me feel sad and there were loads of ads along the same line!

in the house iv just moved into the man left a washing machine and a display cabinet so I think ill offer those on there as I don't need them, I don't think ill be getting anything off there though.
    everyone talks about freecycle so I checked out my local one last month cos I was moving into a house and had no furniture. i found it really depressing. there were hardly any people giving stuff away but just hundreds of wants posts. some of them were really desperate too, like one from a woman begging for a washer/dryer as hers had broke and she had no money to replace it and couldn't wash her kids clothes. in the same post she asked for any carpet scraps people might have for her kitchen floor as it was just floorboards. it made me feel sad and there were loads of ads along the same line!

in the house iv just moved into the man left a washing machine and a display cabinet so I think ill offer those on there as I don't need them, I don't think ill be getting anything off there though.
    That's sad. In my area people offer a lot of random stuff and it goes. Also I sometimes respond to wanted ads for things I wouldn't have thought to offer.
    The bubble wrap man has been. Several more randomers coming to collect stuff this evening.
    We gave away an old sofa, a massive bag of box files, and assorted other random items. It's great for clearing houses out. For actually getting things, you likely have to be lucky and quick. From a giveaway perspective I can tell you that nothing lasts for long, even bulky items that would be a pain to dispense with.
    Sofa, carpets, coffee table, bread maker, fabric, bag of wool, gardening stuff - loads of stuff. I've offloaded clothes, kitchen stuff, books etc. you have to be really on it but you can get some goodies.
    Today I got two massive bin bags full of fabric! Great as I just started sewing this week. My friend kindly went to collect it for me as I am not well at the moment and delivered it to my house. I then spent three hours ironing it, sorting it into type and colour and folding it in a nice linen box.