Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dog Names?!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    It's just like a proper christmas. A big stupid row.

*Pokes* remind me never to make a post on a thread again? Aha.
  • Options
    Franki was trying to be diplomatic. Good for her. But in this case diplomacy ain't anywhere near as good as telling certain people to shut the hell up.

I'm with Suzy on this, too many people are now using "I'm triggered" as a synonym for "Oh noes someone on the internet thinks I'm a dick". Hate to break it to you, but anyone who misuses the word so much is being a dick. They're using it as a way of stifling debate, as a way of shutting people up whom they disagree with.

I'm tired of the way we're all supposed to tread on eggshells because of someone's self-proclaimed "vulnerability". Haway and shite. I've always called a dick a dick. It's an important part of a community.

If this isn't stopped it will turn into all the mental health forums where the attention seekers turn it into a crazy contest. And then say they're "triggered" when people call them up on it.

Which is a long way of saying that Suzy is right. Credit to Franki for smoothing things over but really there isn't much to smooth over. Sophie you're being an arse.
  • Options
    Being an arse is what I do best.
  • Options
    Clearly.

Also: cut out the passive aggressive bullshit.
  • Options
    Rather not.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sophie definitely isn't the only person being an 'arse' in this thread, to think that is to see things through a very narrow lense. Franki did more than 'smooth things over' she recognised that its not one way or the highway. Learning to understand each other and compromise is really important and the 'triggering' debate was unnecessarily brought up in this thread.

Closing now.
This discussion has been closed.