Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

feel sosidal and feel like self-harming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
iam feeling very emotional at the moment because my what's been going on at the moment. my auntie dot passing away and other things going on too. iam feeling really suicidal and want to self-harm because I feeling really low at the moment :( I don't know what to do :( I don't want to start self-harming again and don't want to feel suicidal. I what to try and have a good life and things to get better :P

I need lods of hugs :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi bubbley_Heather :wave:

Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I know it's not the same as having normal hugs but I am sending lots your way *hug**hug**hug**hug**hug*

The fact you recognise that you don't want to self-harm or commit suicide is good! If that makes sense?

Sometimes,especially at this time of the year, it can trigger off emotions and feelings that can make you feel down but you can get through this :heart: Just getting out on here will help.

We are here to listen and we are here for you *hug*

purple_rain :thumb:
    heyy

yes I know what u mean may I ask u something please
    Yea sure :)
    Hey Heather,

Hope you're okay?

Have you spoke to any helplines at all?

Samaritans: (http://www.samaritans.org/)
    Phone: 08457 90 90 90 (UK) 1850 60 90 90 (ROI)
    Text: 07725909090 (UK)
    Email: jo@samaritans.org

SANE: (http://www.sane.org.uk)
    Helpline: 0845 767 8000
    Email: http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/email/

If you want a chat, feel free to chuck me a message! Lots of hugs to you!

Also there's some distractions here. *hug* *hug* *hug* *hug* *hug*
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Those numbers are really helpful Soph

Heather - remember you text and then spoke to Samaritans during the chat session I was modding last week, would you consider doing that again?

LauraO
    Laura's right, do you feel able to talk to them tonight? I think it will really help with how you're feeling. x
    Heather I know how it feels to have your aunt pass away especially so close to christmas, Last year my auntie passed away 5 days before chritmas and this year another aunt passed away 2 days ago, So really you aren't alone. I know you often don't talk to me goodness knows why but I know how much it hurts so if you ever wanted to PM me go ahead I get a notification straight away to say you've sent me one and providing I'm not busy I'll reply within 5 minutes.

For a start you say you don't know what to do, You could try talking to us or writting a memory book about your auntie Dot, You could get a book and write all the amazing things about her and the advice she gave you, stick a photo of her in it and everytime you miss her, Everytime you feel sad you can look at it and know she's looking down on you, It helped me. I stuck in loads of other bits and bots too like braclets she wore and the deodrant she wore...so I could smell her when she wasn't around..so to speak.

As for the self harm Sophie wrote an Excellent Post here http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/152413-Self-Harm-distractions on how to distract yourself if you feel like self harming its worth a read:yes:

I've read a few of your posts you've got a neice on the way and you have a mum and a hamster jacub? They're all going to miss you deeply if you leave sweetheart, I know you think ending your life might be the end of everything and the end of pain, but thats just your pain. My friend commited suicide well three of them for that matter, sure they stopped everything from happening they stopped more bad stuff from happening but, Darling, they stopped all the good things to, they stopped themselves seeing everything getting better, they stopped themselves from starting a family, from growing up, from falling in love..that first proper kiss, They stopped themselves from hearing "I love you mummy" if you leave now you're going to miss out on a heap of things, not just the bad..but the good. Its also going to cause pain amongst your close ones they have thousands of unanswered questions and they blame themselves "why couldn't we do more. Why didn't we see the warning signs" it hurts Heather trust me..

Also if you want things to get better you need to loose the negaitve mind, as they say "You can't lead a positive life with a negative mind so..THINK POSITIVE THINGS"

let me know how you're getting on
    Take care

Em