Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Passing of an Aunt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I just got a phone call to say my Auntie has passed at 1pm today,

I haven't seen her in around 5 years, but I'd sent her a few Emails every now and again. I don't even know how I should feel, the last time I talked to her I remember telling her to "Urgh just leave me alone" because she was being very umplesent...Last time we talked, last argument we had..we never even got to make it up to each other and become friends again...I wonder if she ever spoke about me..if she ever thought about me..hmm..

Meh, I hope she rests in peace..

Comments

• Options
    jesus, theres always something happening isnt there
  • Options
    jesus, theres always something happening isnt there

Whats that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    it means im sorry for your run of terrible luck
  • Options
    It's best not to think of what could have been. Think of what was. As I always think, if someone really wants to become friends before they're gone and patch things up again, they will get back in contact. Not implying that is the case with you or your auntie, but I know that is the case with my entire family, I'm not going to be the one to pick up the phone first!
  • Options
    I had an auntie who lived in across the Atlantic so only saw her about three times in my life and one of those was when I was a baby so don't remember it. I still felt sad though when we got told she had died. Partly I felt sad I had never got to know her, partly I remembered that we had had a few good times and there sstuff that makes me remember things about seeing her . But she sort of still felt like a stranger, harsh as it sounds. I wasn't sure how I was meant to feel either. I think there is no right or wrong answer to how you react, just make sure if you find it tough you seek support.
    Will you go to the funeral? You could use that as a time to reflect on her and apologise for the last conversation you had.