Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

does 1st time hurt if hymn is already broken

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sometimes I wonder if I still have my hymn, but I'm not entirely sure... and I've never had sex, but if it isnt, I was wondering if having sex for the first time would feel different and special.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes I wonder if I still have my hymn, but I'm not entirely sure... and I've never had sex, but if it isnt, I was wondering if having sex for the first time would feel different and special.

*hymen

Your hymen can be broken by doing stuff like horse riding and wearing tampons so no, being a virgin doesn't mean your hymen is still intact.

It depends on the person. My first time hurt a bit more than the times after, but I had no blood. Some people bleed a lot, some people don't bleed or have pain or feel any different.
    Honestly, Don't work yourself up about it! It normally depends on the person. When you decide to have sex whether in the next few days or next few years just relax and don't worry about it! Even if you did bleed a little i'm sure your partner would understand!
    yea. but i WANT my first time to be special in any way. even if it means it will hurt. and i am afraid that if my hymen is already broken, i already screwed up my first time, so it wont be special at all anymore. you know?
    yea. but i WANT my first time to be special in any way. even if it means it will hurt. and i am afraid that if my hymen is already broken, i already screwed up my first time, so it wont be special at all anymore. you know?

It will be special because it's a new experience, not because you've broken a tiny piece of skin.

Incidentally, don't put too much hype on your first time being special. Mine was on a beanbag, with someone else's boyfriend, with "Stacy's mooooooooooom has got it goin' on..." on the tv.
    Incidentally, don't put too much hype on your first time being special. Mine was on a beanbag, with someone else's boyfriend, with "Stacy's mooooooooooom has got it goin' on..." on the tv.

Who says romance is dead?

Agree wit the point though, my first wasn't anything special in terms of mood, romance etc. IIRC it was in a barn with a friend...
    Who says romance is dead?

Definitely not one of my proudest moments :yeees:.

Mine had already been broken for a little while before i first had sex, maybe up to a year before, i dont remember. It hurt only a little and i had a teeny bit of spotting after but that was it.

If yours is already broken, it doesnt mean anything. It doesnt mean you're not a virgin, and it doesnt mean your first time wont be special. Like Franki said, what makes it special is who you do it with and why, not because youve broken some skin or not

it WILL be special because its going to be with the person that you love and loves you back. it has nothing to do with braking the hymen or it hurting but nothing that you saved youself for him :heart:
    lol as if sex is never special again after the first time.
    The first time is normally shit.

There. I said it.
    I keep having super special sex, and I've lost count of what "time" it is. the first one was rubbish. first partner was rubbish. more fun now.
    nope. does not hurt.
    kittyhugs wrote: »
    nope. does not hurt.

What you mean, is that it didn't hurt you.

It can and does hurt.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    It can and does hurt.

Agreed
    1. It will hurt the first time no matter what. Psychology is to blame for that.
    2. It will not be special
    3. You won't enjoy it.
    4. You'll feel awkard and embarassed.

All that's normal.
    But the second/third time you have sex, you'll fucking love it.
    Hiya!

Lots of great advice from others so I'm going to keep this brief, just wanted to let you know about some useful articles here on TheSite for you:

Being a virgin

Losing your virginity

:)
    Shikari wrote: »
    1. It will hurt the first time no matter what. Psychology is to blame for that.
    2. It will not be special
    3. You won't enjoy it.
    4. You'll feel awkard and embarassed.

All that's normal.
    But the second/third time you have sex, you'll fucking love it.

None of that is really true for everyone. I didn't really enjoy sex properly (without any pain or discomfort) for quite a while after my first time.

But it doesn't hurt for everyone. For some people it'll be special regardless and they will enjoy it.
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    I didn't feel anything. He was shit. Second guy though all good, just chill out, it'll be special if you make it so
This discussion has been closed.