Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dead site

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
which considering how safe, nice, huge and well-arranged it is,

that's plain weird.

dead. dead site.
why is there an average of 2 posts per day?
nobody has thoughts they need help with?
or just thoughts?

:eek2:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think there are more than 2 posts a day! It is quiet now as it is 4.25am in the UK.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I think there are more than 2 posts a day! It is quiet now as it is 4.25am in the UK.
    yea, that I know. I didn't mean slow now, but in general.
    almost no new posts.
    i love reading personal story's and just wish there we're more
    It's been like this for a long time. It happens every now and again
    A good amount of people who post on here, get the help and advice they think they need, then don't come back. Sme people stay around too. Also, as thesite has been around for quite a while now, a lot of people visit and don't even feel the need to post as they find the advice they need, whether that is through the fact sheets on the main www.thesite.org or existing posts here on the forum.

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Also to add on to what G, said, if you are interested in reading people's stories, have you taken a look through the rest of TheSite.org? TheSite is more than just a board and a chat you know!

How about check this this link out, which you might be interested in, Community!
    true. will do :)
    thanx
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    There have been 2408 posts so far this month...that's over 1000 more than December last year...and also more than December 2010 and there's still 10 days to go...back on the up :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Also to add on to what G, said, if you are interested in reading people's stories, have you taken a look through the rest of TheSite.org? TheSite is more than just a board and a chat you know!

How about check this this link out, which you might be interested in, Community!

And we have commenting on true stories/rants now :thumb:
    Perhaps a lack of new threads can be deceiving, if there are topics with loads of replies that you don't normally read, you might not notice the business.

G-Raffe wrote: »
    Perhaps a lack of new threads can be deceiving, if there are topics with loads of replies that you don't normally read, you might not notice the business.

I think this is it, although me and Broken Angel, were discussing the fact that TheSite doesn't have a community anymore, apposed to posts.
    I think one of the main reasons why you're thinking the site is "Dead" is because your commenting on dead posts from years back...
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I think one of the main reasons why you're thinking the site is "Dead" is because your commenting on dead posts from years back...

I don't comment on posts from years ago? I think the person you're reffering to is KittyHugs.
    I was...since its her post
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Shikari wrote: »
    I think this is it, although me and Broken Angel, were discussing the fact that TheSite doesn't have a community anymore, apposed to posts.

How do you think TheSite.org could regain the community?
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I was...since its her post

I do apologize, i can be narrow sometimes.
    **Angel** wrote: »
    How do you think TheSite.org could regain the community?

Honest to god, i wish i could answer that. And personally if i could, i'd of set up my own little online community of diverse people i could speak to on a daily basis.

There's all but one thing i could suggest, and i think you'll disagree with me. Is that when you or another admin or moderator responds to a question or a thread on someone. You'll give a brief statement, saying hi, hope you're okay, we're here etc. And then you'll post a set of links to various things relating to the subject they were talking about.
    Personally for me, i know i can find web pages and links, and huges amounts of pre-written information on a subject all over the internet, but when i come to a forum such as this one and post a thread. I do it because, i want a real human response and a personal one at that. Getting sent a link to another page can almost be off putting, as i know myself I've held off making a post or thread about something, because i know i'll just get linked to x, y and z.

Don't get me wrong though, i know how difficult, busy, and hard it is to reply to a lot of requests and i know you do a lot of work behind the scenes that means it hard and almost impossible to give a personalised response to questions. And why would you when all the information is available and written, what's the point of doing it again. To me it gives a rather automated feel to things.

And i can't say something is wrong without offering a solution, or something. So the sort of middle ground i could think of is to not so much link people to the webpages (as useful as they really are!) to just copy and paste the relevant parts of the article into your comment, or however you see fit.

EDIT: Oh and one little thing, I'm not sure if you could request this or not. But finding the forums is difficult. When i click on the community page, there's loads of different ways to talk to people and ask questions, but actually finding just the Forum homepage, is rather difficult. The only links are to "Join the discussion", which takes you to a specific thread, which may lead people to believe they can't ask a question on other topics.

Also just my 2 cents, i could be entirely wrong in all my assumptions and suggestions!

EDIT: Oh and one little thing, I'm not sure if you could request this or not. But finding the forums is difficult. When i click on the community page, there's loads of different ways to talk to people and ask questions, but actually finding just the Forum homepage, is rather difficult. The only links are to "Join the discussion", which takes you to a specific thread, which may lead people to believe they can't ask a question on other topics.

Also just my 2 cents, i could be entirely wrong in all my assumptions and suggestions!

Well...if you wait a little..thesites getting changed and it'll be easier to navagate..just saying
    yea, I agree on that.

Honest to god, i wish i could answer that. And personally if i could, i'd of set up my own little online community of diverse people i could speak to on a daily basis.

There's all but one thing i could suggest, and i think you'll disagree with me. Is that when you or another admin or moderator responds to a question or a thread on someone. You'll give a brief statement, saying hi, hope you're okay, we're here etc. And then you'll post a set of links to various things relating to the subject they were talking about.
    Personally for me, i know i can find web pages and links, and huges amounts of pre-written information on a subject all over the internet, but when i come to a forum such as this one and post a thread. I do it because, i want a real human response and a personal one at that. Getting sent a link to another page can almost be off putting, as i know myself I've held off making a post or thread about something, because i know i'll just get linked to x, y and z.

Don't get me wrong though, i know how difficult, busy, and hard it is to reply to a lot of requests and i know you do a lot of work behind the scenes that means it hard and almost impossible to give a personalised response to questions. And why would you when all the information is available and written, what's the point of doing it again. To me it gives a rather automated feel to things.

And i can't say something is wrong without offering a solution, or something. So the sort of middle ground i could think of is to not so much link people to the webpages (as useful as they really are!) to just copy and paste the relevant parts of the article into your comment, or however you see fit.

its not dead, it just smells funny
    LOL :p