Home Travel & Free Time
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here

What's your favorite Christmas song?

ReenaReena Fanatical PosterPosts: 1,375 The Mix Regular
:chin: Just wondering what everyone's fav Xmas song is. :chin:
This is mine, I love the lyrics:

Lyrics:
If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious
Than the time we have and so
We all must learn from small misfortune
Count the blessings that are real
Let the bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year
Let the bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year.

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope.

Now all the winter bells are ringing
Hear them echo through the snow
And the children's voices singing
on the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
And the truth is somewhere here
Within our love of people
At the closing of the year.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am sick of christmas songs already after 9 hours a day of them constantly on at work OVER and OVER again :impissed:

    But I do smile when this one comes on.

    I also like this one because it's different
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all I want for Christmas is youuuuuu
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wish it could be Christmas every day!! Classic!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i pretty much hate them all
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    except this one
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    fairytale of new york's the only one i like. apart from in the bleak midwinter which i'm not sure is really a christmas song...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    fairytale of new york's the only one i like. apart from in the bleak midwinter which i'm not sure is really a christmas song...

    The second verse is
    Our God, heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;
    Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
    In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
    The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

    How is it NOT a christmas song?

    Personally, In The Bleak Midwinter is probably my favourite.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shakin Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone and Driving Home For Xmas :) I actually love them all
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,194 Skive's The Limit
    East 17 - stay another day

    or

    The Darkness - Christmas Time
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    East 17 - stay another day

    or

    The Darkness - Christmas Time

    ah the darkness isnt bad.

    NMM once told me he liked "stay another day"
    He has never lived it down, and possibly never will. :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
  • ReenaReena Fanatical Poster Posts: 1,375 The Mix Regular
    WOW! Loving the song choices guys. :thumb: Well tidy. xx :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How has no one mentioned Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas? *tut*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because its shit?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    piccolo wrote: »
    How has no one mentioned Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas? *tut*

    Tori Amos does my favourite version of that song.

    Though I'm surprised you didn't choose The Angel Gabriel and his highly flavoured gravy
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hate christmas...but if I had to choose a song it'd be Fairytale Of New York Lyrics - Pogues just for the fact it has swearing in and I like swearing:D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I'm surprised you didn't choose The Angel Gabriel and his highly flavoured gravy

    Most highly flavoured gravy! Glo-o-o-oria!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because its shit?

    That's your opinion. You're wrong, but I'm ok with that.
  • ReenaReena Fanatical Poster Posts: 1,375 The Mix Regular
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I hate christmas...but if I had to choose a song it'd be Fairytale Of New York Lyrics - Pogues just for the fact it has swearing in and I like swearing:D

    :wave: You're funny! :lol: :wave:
Sign In or Register to comment.