Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Welcome to our Christmas moderators!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

It's really important to us here at TheSite.org that everyone is able to take time out to relax over Christmas. To make sure all of our mods get a good break, and that the boards remain a safe and supportive place to be, we've got some extra modding elves volunteering from TheSite Towers to help us out over the festive period! :hyper:

Over the next week or so they'll be popping into this thread to introduce themselves to you so do give them a warm welcome :yes:

We'd encourage you to report posts if you spot anything inappropriate like spam over Christmas, we'll be picking these up and of course **helen** and I will be keeping an eye on things too.

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    new mods!!! i am sure we will make them feel very welcome hahahaha ;)
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi everyone. I'm Danny. Nice to meet you :)

I've been a peer adviser for askTheSite for about a year now. I've also done some live chat modding. And now I'm in the office a few days a week too, working on askTheSite.

I'll be around on the boards for a few days over Christmas, so I might see you then!
    Hey Danny! Welcomessss :)
    Jo7 wrote: »

We'd encourage you to report posts if you spot anything inappropriate like spam over Christmas, we'll be picking these up and of course **helen** and I will be keeping an eye on things too.

:thumb:

Anti-Spam will be here to eat up the spam as well of course. Spam goes nicely with Christmas dinner.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Anti-Spam wrote: »
    Anti-Spam will be here to eat up the spam as well of course. Spam goes nicely with Christmas dinner.

:yum: <george agrees!
  • Emma2Emma2 Deactivated Posts: 10 Settling in
    Christmas moderators

Hi everyone.

I'm one of the team here at YouthNet, though am new to modding the boards. I'm looking forward to helping out over Christmas and I'd like to keep involved after this as well.

Emma
    Hey Danny! Welcomessss :)

Hey ClaireStephanie, thanks :)
    Hi Danny and Emma welcome :wave:
    Hi Pink Girl, thanks :)
  • AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hi all,

Just want to introduce myself, I'll be helping out here and there over the Christmas periods with modding, I work here at YouthNet, but mainly on Do-it, so I'm looking forward to getting to know TheSite boards a bit better and chat with you guys.

I also like pictures of dogs looking stupid.

Andy
    Hi Andy :wave:
    duke wrote: »

"looking stupid" is redundant in this phrase
    **helen** wrote: »
    :yum: <george agrees!

OMG YOU USED GEORGE :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy moment ;D
    Welcome :wave:

I'm clearly too lazy to say Hi to you all individually..
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm back!

Hi there all, I'm the mod formerly known as LadyJade, some of you old timers might remember me :).

Its been a while since I modded, mostly on the Drugs and Politics boards. I've come back to lend a hand over Christmas, and am looking forward to seeing how life on the Boards has changed (and not changed!) over the past few years. I'm still at YouthNet, coming up to 10 years now :eek2: My role is basically to make sure everything runs smoothly and people are happy, its a nice role.

Catch you around over the next few weeks!
    Welcome...or should I be saying welcome back..Either way..Haai
    Jaded wrote: »
    Hi there all, I'm the mod formerly known as LadyJade, some of you old timers might remember me :).

Its been a while since I modded

You and Spanner! Hooray! (You haven't got JimV and Susie in your pocket, have you?)
    hey Andy :)
    LOL I'll join that salute myself ^_^
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Welcome :wave:

I'm clearly too lazy to say Hi to you all individually..
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian

Its been a while since I modded, mostly on the Drugs and Politics boards. I've come back to lend a hand over Christmas, and am looking forward to seeing how life on the Boards has changed (and not changed!) over the past few years. I'm still at YouthNet, coming up to 10 years now :eek2: My role is basically to make sure everything runs smoothly and people are happy, its a nice role.

Catch you around over the next few weeks!

Oddly enough, I was checking out your profile a few days ago! How odd! Welcome back Jaded :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Danny! wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm Danny. Nice to meet you :)

I've been a peer adviser for askTheSite for about a year now. I've also done some live chat modding. And now I'm in the office a few days a week too, working on askTheSite.

I'll be around on the boards for a few days over Christmas, so I might see you then!

Hey Danny, it's great to see you on the boards, welcome to TheSite boards :P
    Hope to see you in chat soon!
    Anti-Spam wrote: »

It's been sometime, still lurking in the backgrounds getting rid of spam? :P
    Welcome back anyway XD
    Emma2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I'm one of the team here at YouthNet, though am new to modding the boards. I'm looking forward to helping out over Christmas and I'd like to keep involved after this as well.

Emma

Hello Emma, welcome to TheSite.org boards :wave:
    duke wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just want to introduce myself, I'll be helping out here and there over the Christmas periods with modding, I work here at YouthNet, but mainly on Do-it, so I'm looking forward to getting to know TheSite boards a bit better and chat with you guys.

Andy

Hello Andy, welcome to TheSite.org boards :) Totes remind me on Andy Pandy :P That's your name from now on, okay?

n00b
    I haven't been anywhere :) Most of the time I don't post, I just delete spam. You probably don't even notice it but those pesky spammers come in the middle of the night and Anti-Spam eats it :yum:
    confused by Anti spam....
    piccolo wrote: »
    You and Spanner! Hooray! (You haven't got JimV and Susie in your pocket, have you?)

Ha! Afraid not piccolo...
    n00b

:p
  • Debs123Debs123 Deactivated Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Debs123 and I also work here at YouthNet. I'm pretty new to the Boards but I'm looking forward to being a Xmas Mod and getting to know more about what goes on here.
    Emmalee wrote: »
    confused by Anti spam....

Anti-spam is a mod whose job it is to look out for spam posts and threads on the boards and delete them :)